• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Amendment Foundation "Guns Save Lives" truck tour will be in Milwaukee Thur.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
sharkey
Originally Posted by springfield 1911
I know this man took off from work (Works with wood stains) To be there and show support. He could easily have stayed at his shop making money.

I thought he was a mechanic. lol.
I commented knowing I'm a hypocrite but those hands just jumped out at me! I wash my hands 20 times a day. Habits overly instilled from a restaurant job in my youth.

All's good sharkey ,

Jason in WI

Seen a spot about this on channel 6, looks like I missed the news crew :(. Got too see a bunch of your butts, maybe I was supposed to be looking at your big scary guns? Oh well.

Not bad, but they seemed to be concerned at how the 2,191 guns being used in self defense number came about.

Canard

LEO encounter at the event

Thought I should post the little LEO encounter I had at this event prior to everyone's arrival...

On my short walk over to the truck location i crossed the street in front of a blacked out ford explorer with a small MPD sticker on the door. I was crossing strong side to the truck so I payed particular attention just to see if they would follow me. They didn't... yet.

I get to the event location and, being early, decided to hang out by the river and guess who pulls up as I am walking to the rail? Yep, those same cops. They got out and walked straight to me. I was short on the draw to start my voice recorder and didn't want to fumble through my pockets as they are approaching. i am thinking "crap, here we go".

As they get within about 5 to 10 feet from me one of them extends his hand (for a hand shake) and says "I just wanted to stop and say thanks for supporting our 2nd Amendment Rights". I was floored. He went on to say how he fully supported the 2A and was all for open or concealed carry. He also wanted to make a point that not all cops are against it. His partner was less receptive to open carry but understood that was our only option and did support concealed carry.

I went on to discuss Constitutional Carry and cop 1 was very receptive in fact he was the one that stated that the "bad guys are already carrying guns, why shouldn't law abiding citizens be able to".

All in all good conversation which lasted 5-10 minutes.

There some good guys out there.

Zeus

Awesome post Canard. I think a lot of folks are starting to get it and it really feels good to be able to be a part of winning our rights back. I have to also admit that it was my first time in downtown Milwaukee and it is a very beautiful city that I really enjoyed seeing. I think part of the enjoyment was the good folks of Wisconsin Carry and the ability to be able to enjoy exploring the city a bit, feeling a little less vulnerable to a potential threat. It would be great to someday be able to visit Chicago with my kids and feel the same way.:D

XDFDE45

Thought I should post the little LEO encounter I had at this event prior to everyone's arrival...

On my short walk over to the truck location i crossed the street in front of a blacked out ford explorer with a small MPD sticker on the door. I was crossing strong side to the truck so I payed particular attention just to see if they would follow me. They didn't... yet.

I get to the event location and, being early, decided to hang out by the river and guess who pulls up as I am walking to the rail? Yep, those same cops. They got out and walked straight to me. I was short on the draw to start my voice recorder and didn't want to fumble through my pockets as they are approaching. i am thinking "crap, here we go".

As they get within about 5 to 10 feet from me one of them extends his hand (for a hand shake) and says "I just wanted to stop and say thanks for supporting our 2nd Amendment Rights". I was floored. He went on to say how he fully supported the 2A and was all for open or concealed carry. He also wanted to make a point that not all cops are against it. His partner was less receptive to open carry but understood that was our only option and did support concealed carry.

I went on to discuss Constitutional Carry and cop 1 was very receptive in fact he was the one that stated that the "bad guys are already carrying guns, why shouldn't law abiding citizens be able to".

All in all good conversation which lasted 5-10 minutes.

There some good guys out there.
That's very cool. As I was walking back to my car I saw the same SUV and the cop who was driving waved at me. At first glance I thought maybe he was motioning me to stop or something but then I saw it was just a wave. It's nice to know that not all LEO have the same opinion of us as Flynn does
raisedeyebrow.gif