Thread: ICE agent murder weapon traced to Texas

ICE agent murder weapon traced to Texas

Bad news for WA CeaseFire: ATF trace mechanism works fine as is
    Yesterday’s arrest of three men in connection with the purchase of a gun in Texas that was used in the slaying of a federal agent in Mexico two weeks ago demonstrated that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ gun trace mechanism works just fine as is.
    That probably won’t square well with Washington CeaseFire, which has long advocated removing protections that prevent agenda-driven politicians from accessing sensitive gun trace date for their own purposes.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...rks-fine-as-is

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/4bdncg5

There is some speculation that this case is somehow linked to the “Project Gunrunner” scandal, but a source with the ATF said the two do not appear to be connected.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Bad news for WA CeaseFire: ATF trace mechanism works fine as is - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...#ixzz1FOOzm6Xp
    "The ATF said..."

Good one!

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 03-01-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

On the radio news yesterday, they reported that the "trace" was a result of ballistic testing, but "...the ATF acknowledged they do not have the gun in their possession."

Wait...whut?

How do they get a comparative sample from a gun they don't have?

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    On the radio news yesterday, they reported that the "trace" was a result of ballistic testing, but "...the ATF acknowledged they do not have the gun in their possession."

Wait...whut?

How do they get a comparative sample from a gun they don't have?
    Hey! You cant ask those kind of questions! That is classified information soldier!
    I suspect their trace involed a few games of 21 questions, scrabble, 4 pots of coffee and a writer who they hired to make this crap believable. Just a thought... just a thought..
    "So there I was between a rock and a hard place, when it hit me... What am I doing on this side of the rock?"