• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need a range recommendation in the Richmond Area

snatale42

Any good ranges? I haven't lived in Richmond that long but I've been shooting at Dominion. It's like shooting in the basement of your house. Terrible lighting and freezing cold. Plus your forced to buy there overpriced ammo. Anywhere around with better facilities? I don't mind having to join a range as long as it's worth it and preferably be able to shoot my own ammo.....or at least buy it at a descent price.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Black Creek Shooters Association
4292 Range Road
Mechanicsville, VA. 23111

Black Creek Shooters
804-781-0267

Can't find a link :( Best outdoor facility in the area - covered shooting positions - the scene of many sanctioned matches on week-ends.

Was $100.00/year, not pro rated, must be a member of NRA, shoot what you got.

Will receive safety talk, guided tour and rules + a reminder to not speed on range road.

Last edited:

Ric in Richmond

Black Creek Shooters Association
4292 Range Road
Mechanicsville, VA. 23111

Black Creek Shooters
804-781-0267

Can't find a link :( Best outdoor facility in the area - covered shooting positions - the scene of many sanctioned matches on week-ends.

Was $100.00/year, not pro rated, must be a member of NRA, shoot what you got.

Will receive safety talk, guided tour and rules + a reminder to not speed on range road.

and you must shoot very slowly

And watch out for that damned cat near the targets in the shop....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
and you must shoot very slowly

And watch out for that damned cat near the targets in the shop....

Wonder if he would host a class III shoot? :lol:

Don't let them hear of you disparaging and of the four legged residents.

Nice thing is, at least when the range is lightly attended, one can work from the holster - that in itself is a big plus.