• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSU Carry = Felony?

xmanhockey7

The Library is an Authority formed by 2 local governments, the City of Lansing and the County of Ingham. The Municipal Authority act says an Authority can only exercise powers that each local unit can exercise individually. Please read the numerous threads on this topic. This point gas been brought up many times. Please educate yourself before publicizing an opinion that's already been shot down.

ETA: A school is NOT an Authority.

Sorry that I don't read every single thing posted on this forum just trying to get clarification as to why.

eastmeyers

Sorry that I don't read every single thing posted on this forum just trying to get clarification as to why.

Its not the point that you "don't read every single thing posted on this forum". The point is that you made a very directed statement, and presented it as an intellectual opinion (intellectual opinion is one formed from insight to a particular subject), and not as a question. Or an open statement looking for clarification. That is why you got jumped on.

Some on this site (myself included quite often) get tired of people making such statements without first knowing the facts. If you don't know the facts you have a few different options, either do the research, ask questions, or make open ended statements inquiring about the topic. If you decide to just make a direct statement obviously not knowing the facts, then yeah you have a good chance to get jumped on.

But you will learn young grass hopper, I know at a certain age some (not all) people think they know everything without actually knowing much of anything. I am not saying this about you, you obviously do not fall into this category or else you would not be here. This site is for learning, and gaining knowledge. But being in the age group your in does put you at a disadvantage of human nature, that you must fight against. Stay strong, and make sure to keep away from any cocky attitude that most your age have.

Stick around, learn the edicate, and you will learn more on firearm laws, as well as the rest of the Constitution then you would ever think possible. Good luck!

Last edited:

eastmeyers

^^^^^ What eastmeyers said ^^^^^
cmt_img.php

Last edited: