Thread: Canadian Family faces home seizure

Canadian Family faces home seizure

Please send donations to the Montague's so they can keep their home.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

A little more information would help us understand what is going on. All I heard was a plea for money without explanation of why it is needed and specificaly what it is to be spent on.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

A little over a year ago, Katey's father had let his firearms ownership card expire. Since then, he was charged with owning firearms without his extra tax. Since then, the government is now trying to seize their home.

I've followed their story for some time now, but I forget some of the details. If you watch her earlier videos, she tells the whole story.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

There are videos?

Quote Originally Posted by bom1911 View Post
    There are videos?
    Of the information, yes. Of the actions, no.

Banned
    I am sure if we asked the folks who are doing the seizure why, they'd say something other than "because we can." I'd need a lot more information than is available in this thread before I'd contribute. And I ain't gonna look for it anyplace else.

It appears on the surface that a rogue government is oppressing an innocent family. Appears. I don't know. And I act on "know" not "appears."

Furthermore, this is happening in Canada. If their system is not based on the sovereignty of the individual (I have no idea), what is happening may well be unjust, but perfectly lawful. It would be up to the Canadians to fix their system if that is the underlying problem.

lot of folks losing their stuff over here too and I don't see canadians helping them out

This occured about 5 years ago or maybe even more...
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I am sure if we asked the folks who are doing the seizure why, they'd say something other than "because we can." I'd need a lot more information than is available in this thread before I'd contribute. And I ain't gonna look for it anyplace else.

It appears on the surface that a rogue government is oppressing an innocent family. Appears. I don't know. And I act on "know" not "appears."

Furthermore, this is happening in Canada. If their system is not based on the sovereignty of the individual (I have no idea), what is happening may well be unjust, but perfectly lawful. It would be up to the Canadians to fix their system if that is the underlying problem.
    I would guess seizure is based upon not paying the Crown money. Not much different from taking property for back taxes or judgements here. Canada has become a 3rd world country since they let the French first separatist Quebec aholes push gun laws on them and let the military drift further downward. And not support us in Iraqi Freedom. Too bad, but my concern is with our rights in the US, not other countries' draconian anti-gun laws or gutless foreign policy.

Maybe this will help put this thread on the topic of Open Carry or at least close to it. Do a google and youtube search for Katey Montague but the home forclosure is from a good while back. Lots of gun videos on youtube about her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpc3DpGOUhk

I would not waste a single nickel on these people, that's what you get for living in the UK a Totalitarian Monarchy maybe the Queen will help them out.. They looked pretty well off in those pictures Now Maybe if they don't like how their Government is treating them it could be time they have there own armed Revolution, like we had here 230+ years ago... F Canada
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 03-03-2011 at 03:20 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I would not waste a single nickel on these people, that's what you get for living in the UK a Totalitarian Monarchy maybe the Queen will help them out.. They looked pretty well off in those pictures Now Maybe if they don't like how their Government is treating them it could be time they have there own armed Revolution, like we had here 230+ years ago... [vulgarity deleted]
    Canada is not part of the UK.

Those who live in Canada do not live in the UK.

The UK is not a totalitarian monarchy.

I agree that it is up to the Canadian people to throw off whatever oppressions they suffer. However, the cause of convincing others of this point is better served without over-the-top hyperbole.
    Last edited by eye95; 03-03-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Removed quoted vulgarity.

The "Crown" is still the official term for "the people" in legal proceedings. And "Royal" is still a prefix for a lot of government stuff. West of Quebec, it's not too bad--farther west, the better.

The "Crown" refers to the Crown Attorney, or Crown Prosecutor and represents the entity of the government. They are not the people.

The Queen is represented in Canada by David Johnston. If you can believe it, his official title is "His Excellency". While the Queen may not impose her will directly, the Governor General does have some power within Parliament.