• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South King Fire District restricts weapons carry on public property

fire suppressor

I have spent 8 years in the fire service all over the state of Washington , Oregon and Idaho. I wont mention any departments by name but this is typical in almost all fire departments. On chief in particular has a policy only uniformed law enforcement are allowed to carry, all off duty LEO carrying will be considered trespassing and 911 called. I call can also tell you the RCWs and WACs do not allow firefighters/ EMT to be able to carry while at work. After being shot at in downtown Tacoma by a gang member who got board and caller 911 reported a hit and run just so could have someone to shoot at I would like to see the RCWs change as well

sudden valley gunner

I have spent 8 years in the fire service all over the state of Washington , Oregon and Idaho. I wont mention any departments by name but this is typical in almost all fire departments. On chief in particular has a policy only uniformed law enforcement are allowed to carry, all off duty LEO carrying will be considered trespassing and 911 called. I call can also tell you the RCWs and WACs do not allow firefighters/ EMT to be able to carry while at work. After being shot at in downtown Tacoma by a gang member who got board and caller 911 reported a hit and run just so could have someone to shoot at I would like to see the RCWs change as well

RCW change is not going to change criminal behavior.

jbone

Speaking of Firefighting, Boeing is hiring Firefighters
https://jobs.boeing.com/JobSeeker/JobView?reqcode=11-1003785

YB-Idle

Thank you all for the support!

I have been made to feel very welcome here!

It looks like there are many who are interested in this and the comments are positive, re-affirming what I felt all along; The Fire Chief and the district's $200 an hour attorney are depending on intimidation to carry them though.

I will continue to monitor this forum and keep folks updated as developments occur.

With three weeks to make sure this is on the calendar, wouldn't it be great if a large contingent of concerned citizens took an acute interest in the business of the board of commissioners at next board meeting?

Better yet, does anyone have an in with the press?

Deleted_User

Planning to ATTEND!

I'm attending this meeting, come HELL or high water. Where are we meeting up before-hand?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I'm attending this meeting, come HELL or high water. Where are we meeting up before-hand?

Just spoke with YB-Idle on the phone and I would like at least 6 of us to go to the meeting that day.

I think we should carry sterile and be prepared.

I am meeting with YB-Idle on Friday at 3pm. Goose can you make it? We will meet at the 2nd Saturday Starbucks.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Just spoke with YB-Idle on the phone and I would like at least 6 of us to go to the meeting that day.

I am meeting with YB-Idle on Friday at 3pm. Goose can you make it? We will meet at the 2nd Saturday Starbucks.

Just spoke with Deros, Jim and I will be meeting this Friday with YB-Idle at the 2nd Sat Starbucks.

Deleted_User

I can do Friday @ 3 IF it's in Federal Way! I end my Friday @ QFC northshore or Walmart Federal Way (The SuperCenter) He has my number as well. Otherwise, 4pm works much better for me. I can always show late. Give me a call. You both have my number.

Last edited:

DEROS72

I'll be there we can discuss media at that time.I could see if any of my media contact would be interested.But I could probably sell it.I 'll be at Starbucks with Nick friday.

YB-Idle

I'll be there we can discuss media at that time.I could see if any of my media contact would be interested.But I could probably sell it.

Thank you, DEROS72.

I appreciate all of the efforts that many members of this forum are willing take.

For the district to arbitrarily decide petty politics trumps our rights is simply wrong and not doing anything to correct it just sanctions their illegal action.

See you Fri.

DEROS72

Thank you, DEROS72.

I appreciate all of the efforts that many members of this forum are willing take.

For the district to arbitrarily decide petty politics trumps our rights is simply wrong and not doing anything to correct it just sanctions their illegal action.

See you Fri.

That refried my beans when I saw this.REALLY? Another case of making his own rules I quess.I'll wait right there when he calls police and watch as he is told we are within our rights.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Do not forget VIDEO

Board of Fire Commissioners
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Audience
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:​

Dave, if you read the OP blog etc... he will be taking video. I will be taking video and carrying sterile, I will encourage all to have audio or video and carry sterile. This will be a well covered deal.

Deleted_User

Dave, if you read the OP blog etc... he will be taking video. I will be taking video and carrying sterile, I will encourage all to have audio or video and carry sterile. This will be a well covered deal.

Ani will have a video camera, I will have my tiny one and a voice recorder running as well. I doubt we'll be short on coverage on this