• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South King Fire District restricts weapons carry on public property

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
As to the attorney. I believe he is the same one that represent the Vashon FD in the Estes case. I don't know if he set them straigt or that we on this board set him straight.

Great job guys. Well done again.

Joe Quinn has been the attorney for VIFR. I can't say for sure whether he was the one who did the Estes case.

amlevin

Isn't it fun to watch how politicians work. First they announce that as far as they are concerned their policy is OK and Legal, but then also announce that they are going to bring it in line with State Law anyway.

Always have to "save face".

Wouldn't it be refreshing to hear them say something like "We finally realize that we are a bunch of stubborn dumb@$$es and see the error of our ways. We're now going to follow the law."

Of course we all know this to be true, we'd just like to hear it from them for a change.

Good Job everyone.

amlevin

And yes they also passed a resolution to use the same hairspary I do....:rolleyes:

Be careful with that hairspray Deros. Here's an X-Ray taken on some guy in the UK. Just shows that hairspray can be dangerous.

sprayvanxrayCEN_450x560.jpg

Makes one wonder what he was doing to end up with it there. (Hint- it's located in the descending colon)

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

Be careful with that hairspray Deros. Here's an X-Ray taken on some guy in the UK. Just shows that hairspray can be dangerous.

sprayvanxrayCEN_450x560.jpg

Makes one wonder what he was doing to end up with it there. (Hint- it's located in the descending colon)

And now, for the rest of the story.......

onetoomany.jpg

G20-IWB24/7

This is the BEST kind of win... the mere news that OCDO members are showing up, gets those involved to review, vote on, and unanimously pass an ordinance to align themselves in our favor. They may have taken the wind out of your sails by not allowing you to give your planned speeches before the resolution was passed, but not before their tails were between their legs on said issue.

What's next, the threat of a phone-call to the next offending jurisdiction? "If you don't get rid of this illegal city ordinance, I'ma have Jim or Nick ----- (wait for it) ------ CALL YOU!!!!"

Great job, Gentlemen! Wish I could have been there.

sudden valley gunner

Thanks Goose, I forgot to put Bro and should have used an exclamation mark.

She called the other day wondering if anybody else wanted shirts. :lol:

You guys still going on the 22nd? I don't think I'll make it my cuz is on a hiatus right now.

YB-Idle

SO, who called the police, anyway? And why?

Of special note, there were three members of the Federal Way Police department at this meeting. Two members of the departments Gang Unit and a department Commander.

Who called them and why has been a question unanswered until this morning. Conjecture has been that the chief or someone on the board expressed fear or concern of a disruption and wanted protection.

Below is a copy of an email that was sent from South King Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief Ed Plumlee to City of Federal Way Police Chief Brian Wilson.

___________________​

Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 2:46 PM
To: Brian Wilson
Subject: Meeting

Brian, I fairly certain that we’ll be making a policy change on a special meeting of the commissioners Thursday March 17th at 1700. We’ll be announcing the meeting, mostly an executive session, on Tuesday or Wednesday. Can you help us by having an officer or two drop by at meeting time? I don’t expect there will be a big showing of activists but I’d like to have a “keep the peace presence. “ If we can get the change in place I’ll be networking with media and special interest groups, explaining why we changed, prior to our March 22nd meeting to minimize any potential issues on the 22nd. I’d appreciate if you would keep this to a very small circle please.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Regards,

Ed

###​

Notice how Mr. Plumlee identifies the law biding citizens of this open carry forum as "activists"

And I especially like the clandestine remark "I’d appreciate if you would keep this to a very small circle please."

Note: This email was edited only to remove the email address of Ed Plumlee from the header and to delete a phone number that followed his name. Otherwise exactly as written

Last edited:

amlevin

Notice how Mr. Plumlee identifies the law biding citizens of this open carry forum as "activists"

ac·tiv·ist   
[ak-tuh-vist]
–noun
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of a cause, especially a political cause.

So what's wrong with that? Aren't we all "vigorous advocates of a cause"?

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I have no problem being referred to as an activist or an advocate for this cause. To that I have no issue.

Brian, I fairly certain that we’ll be making a policy change on a special meeting of the commissioners Thursday March 17th at 1700. We’ll be announcing the meeting, mostly an executive session, on Tuesday or Wednesday. Can you help us by having an officer or two drop by at meeting time? I don’t expect there will be a big showing of activists but I’d like to have a “keep the peace presence. “ If we can get the change in place I’ll be networking with media and special interest groups, explaining why we changed, prior to our March 22nd meeting to minimize any potential issues on the 22nd. I’d appreciate if you would keep this to a very small circle please.

Mr. Plumlee's unfounded fears that us activists would cause some sort of interruption is ludicrous. As activists, we demand that government entities, such as the fire district, follow the law. We demand that they do, what they ask us to do, therefore, we are not your typical leftist activists. We demand of ourselves that we follow the law. When the law is wrong and unconstitutional and is a violation of the rights granted to us by our Creator, then we stand up to redress our grievances with the said government entity. Mr. Plumlee, your absolute and utter failure to understand, what those of us who open carry demand of our public officials, demonstrates your hoplophobic tendencies and fundamental lack of credibility in your role as a pubic servant.

Furthermore, I am curious to what 'special interest' groups he wanted to network with? A simple phone call to any of us 'activists' and the clarification that you would be doing the right thing would of been the right thing to do, yet you failed to reach out to open carry.

p.s. YB Idle....thanks for the update.

Last edited:

dadada

I wonder why you guys are assuming he's referring to you as activists? He was going to be making an announcement in your favor. Did he think you were going to yippee to loud? Any chance it might have been the anti's that he was thinking would cause a problem when he made the announcement? I'm not say'n, I'm just say'n!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I wonder why you guys are assuming he's referring to you as activists? He was going to be making an announcement in your favor. Did he think you were going to yippee to loud? Any chance it might have been the anti's that he was thinking would cause a problem when he made the announcement? I'm not say'n, I'm just say'n!

Certainly could of been an anti group he was referring to, however, there is no proof that this is the case. We did show up, we did write about it on an open forum and had you listened to all of the video and documentation that YB idle presented you would understand that the chief appears to be an anti.... Oh well, I was there I guess that gives me some sort of perspective.....just say'n.... :cool:

Difdi

Yeah, anti-gun activists tend to be unarmed in general...

YB-Idle

Ed Plumlee had no intention of networking with anybody

I have no problem being referred to as an activist or an advocate for this cause. To that I have no issue.

Furthermore, I am curious to what 'special interest' groups he wanted to network with? A simple phone call to any of us 'activists' and the clarification that you would be doing the right thing would of been the right thing to do, yet you failed to reach out to open carry.

p.s. YB Idle....thanks for the update.

I can answer this now. NO ONE!
Ed Plumlee was pandering when he wrote his email to the police chief.

Here is the request:

A list of all persons who were contacted regarding the Special Board of Commissioners meeting on March 17 by Assistant Chief Ed Plumlee, specifically the members of the media, groups and persons identified in the email of March 11, 2011 to Police Chief Brian Wilson in which AC Plumlee writes: “I’ll be networking with media and special interest groups, explaining why we changed, prior to our March 22nd meeting to minimize any potential issues on the 22nd”.

And here is the official response from the district:

South King Fire & Rescue does not have any documents responsive to this request.

When this Public Records Act request was picked up, the requester was told that at the time of the email, Ed Plumlee's intention was to contact media and special interest groups. But I think the whole scheme was just an outright lie, pure and simple.

As gogodawgs mentioned, Plumlee knew exactly how to reach any of the special interest groups and could have quickly and easily done so.

Posting on this forum would have been one reasonable outreach.

He could have contacted the media, but again chose not to call or email the Federal Way Mirror.

Or, even more basic, he could have just as easily contacted the person who initially exposed this issue. Plumlee has that individuals name, street address, phone number and email address.

Nothing but Crickets

Last edited:

YB-Idle

The person responsible for exposing this is now running for Fire Commissioner

Can you believe it?

Being a conscientious activist was not enough.

Did you happen to notice that the person who has been working hard to keep the SKF&R fire commissioners accountable is actually making the commitment to be a fire commissioner?

Jerry Galland is on the ballot in November and could really use all the support available.

He is also asking for those who support his efforts, [which include protecting gun rights, open public meetings, exposing thousands wasted in made-up meetings and overtime and saving $5,000,000 for the taxpayers in 2011,] to join the list of those who endorse his candidacy.

Please visit his website: www.elect-jerry.net

Please share this with everyone you know in Federal Way, Des Moines and the surrounding area. (this district covers a lot of area.)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Thanks...

I can answer this now. NO ONE!
Ed Plumlee was pandering when he wrote his email to the police chief.

Here is the request:

A list of all persons who were contacted regarding the Special Board of Commissioners meeting on March 17 by Assistant Chief Ed Plumlee, specifically the members of the media, groups and persons identified in the email of March 11, 2011 to Police Chief Brian Wilson in which AC Plumlee writes: “I’ll be networking with media and special interest groups, explaining why we changed, prior to our March 22nd meeting to minimize any potential issues on the 22nd”.

And here is the official response from the district:

South King Fire & Rescue does not have any documents responsive to this request.

When this Public Records Act request was picked up, the requester was told that at the time of the email, Ed Plumlee's intention was to contact media and special interest groups. But I think the whole scheme was just an outright lie, pure and simple.

As gogodawgs mentioned, Plumlee knew exactly how to reach any of the special interest groups and could have quickly and easily done so.

Posting on this forum would have been one reasonable outreach.

He could have contacted the media, but again chose not to call or email the Federal Way Mirror.

Or, even more basic, he could have just as easily contacted the person who initially exposed this issue. Plumlee has that individuals name, street address, phone number and email address.

Nothing but Crickets

Pretty much what I figured, political posturing at is worst. I guess I am still waiting for any of the commissioners, or police to reach out and apologize.....

Can you believe it?

Being a conscientious activist was not enough.

Did you happen to notice that the person who has been working hard to keep the SKF&R fire commissioners accountable is actually making the commitment to be a fire commissioner?

Jerry Galland is on the ballot in November and could really use all the support available.

He is also asking for those who support his efforts, [which include protecting gun rights, open public meetings, exposing thousands wasted in made-up meetings and overtime and saving $5,000,000 for the taxpayers in 2011,] to join the list of those who endorse his candidacy.

Please visit his website: www.elect-jerry.net

Please share this with everyone you know in Federal Way, Des Moines and the surrounding area. (this district covers a lot of area.)

Jerry, we will be spreading the word! Keep up the great work.