Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Long Beach still a No go?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    101

    Long Beach still a No go?

    I used to carry almost every day for about a year before the july 4th event (i forget the name of our member here it happened to) but point being i got a different firearm that wasnt lets say open carryable haha so i havent in about a year now...

    BUT...

    Does anyone know if long beach has been contacted about this? I tried to make several calls to Long Beach PD but could not find an actual phone number with a person...

    Anyways point being i now have a new weapon i can holster and carry so id like to get back on the horse

  2. #2
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,748
    The user ryanburbridge on this forum lives in LB and has open carried there numerous times. It hasn't been easy for him though. I think he's been unlawfully detained two or three times so far. If nothing else you two could meet up or at least share information on the weirdness of Long Beach.

  3. #3
    Regular Member ryanburbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long beach ca, , USA
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by eraseallhope View Post
    I used to carry almost every day for about a year before the july 4th event (i forget the name of our member here it happened to) but point being i got a different firearm that wasnt lets say open carryable haha so i havent in about a year now...

    BUT...

    Does anyone know if long beach has been contacted about this? I tried to make several calls to Long Beach PD but could not find an actual phone number with a person...

    Anyways point being i now have a new weapon i can holster and carry so id like to get back on the horse
    It's me ryanburbridge!

    I have moved recently. I now live about 1000 feet from the Long Beach Lakewood boarder. But Long Beach is still "My Home".

    I have not skipped a beat when it comes to UOC. Every chance I get I carry. IMHO Long Beach is still very unpredictable when it comes to UOC. Stay alert and be prepared! Jason Davis wrote a very stern and informative letter to the chief of Long Beach police. ( I'll see if Jason will let me post it here. It's public record by now) the letter was NOT well received based on facts I can not talk about at this time. Hopefully soon.

    I carry solo mostly but enjoy group meets. Give me a ring if you ever need a wing man or run into trouble.

    I work next to the Signal Hill Turners if you stop by hit me up.

    Ryan
    Cell (562)243-2622

    Ps.
    It's my number! I'll post it if I want! Call me crazy but calls are EASY to block!


    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

    James Taranto
    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

    James Taranto

  4. #4
    Regular Member hgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Posts
    470
    There are lots of wheels in motion working with LBPD brass to educate them on open carry.

    If someone would like to coordinate an open carry event in LB I'm sure lots of people would attend.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    101
    Hey ryan, yea I saw your youtube and everything...

    Its funny I'm on the lakewood/long beach boarder myself right by the mall actually so maybe we could set up a dinner meet sometime on candlewood there?

    Either way thanx for the info and heads up, hopefully we can see each other around and spread the good word.

  6. #6
    Regular Member ccrews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bellflower/Norwalk/Lakewood, California, USA
    Posts
    40
    +1
    I'm in for anything in Lakewood/LongBeach area.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    281

    not well received?

    Ryan , explain about your letter from the lawyer being not well received. Did the Chief not like OC in general, or he did not like the actions of the LB city employee(s) and how they treated you.

    That new police chief just came in as a old school LAPD veteran, and probably has never heard of the US Constitution. Maybe Long Beach will not like paying Civil rights settlements like Los Angeles, and will change it's ways. I am not holding my breath for that.........

  8. #8
    Regular Member ryanburbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long beach ca, , USA
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by oc4ever View Post
    Ryan , explain about your letter from the lawyer being not well received. Did the Chief not like OC in general, or he did not like the actions of the LB city employee(s) and how they treated you.

    That new police chief just came in as a old school LAPD veteran, and probably has never heard of the US Constitution. Maybe Long Beach will not like paying Civil rights settlements like Los Angeles, and will change it's ways. I am not holding my breath for that.........
    Well I can not discuss details yet. What I can say is I have retained a lawyer and will explain what I can after it's over. I can say it was in response to the letter that was sent to the LBPD.


    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

    James Taranto
    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

    James Taranto

  9. #9
    Regular Member hgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Posts
    470
    Several board members from SBOC and another SBOC member that is an attorney will be meeting with some LBPD brass very shortly to help get everyone on the same page with open carry.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    1
    Hi I'm new to the forums. I live in Long Beach/Carson area. Ive been wanting to OC in Long Beach but I never see anyone doing it. Are there any groups in the area?

  11. #11
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by LorenHernandez View Post
    Hi I'm new to the forums. I live in Long Beach/Carson area. Ive been wanting to OC in Long Beach but I never see anyone doing it. Are there any groups in the area?
    Click on the link in hgreen's signature. South Bay Open Carry has been continuously gaining strength since its founding and does great work.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winnetka
    Posts
    8
    I'm also new to boards and UOC, having just recently found out it's legal. Would also like to join in on some kind of event as long as I can get it off work (grocery clerk). Quick question though. The pics I've seen so far are always of people with a gun on hip, then ammo pouches on other hip. Is there any problem with having them integrated with the holster? Will still be getting a belt pouch once my spare mags come in mail.

  13. #13
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluephoenix View Post
    Is there any problem with having them integrated with the holster? Will still be getting a belt pouch once my spare mags come in mail.
    Nope, no problem having them integrated. I believe a few people on this board have those. My only worry with such a holster is the draw would require both hands to be on the same side of your body, which isn't exactly natural. Try checking your speed for drawing, dropping empty mag, loading full mag with the ammo on the same side as the firearm and see if there's a difference, I suspect there will be.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluephoenix View Post
    I'm also new to boards and UOC, having just recently found out it's legal. Would also like to join in on some kind of event as long as I can get it off work (grocery clerk). Quick question though. The pics I've seen so far are always of people with a gun on hip, then ammo pouches on other hip. Is there any problem with having them integrated with the holster? Will still be getting a belt pouch once my spare mags come in mail.
    I carry my PMK .380 with this rig.

    Attachment 5452
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Evil Tyler Durden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Crummy California the most unfair state in the union.
    Posts
    46

    Exclamation

    Hey ryan I'm up the freeway form you in Norwalk, and would like to meet up sometime to get some info on UOC there in Long Beach. I have a couple friends that just bought a house right off of Carson and Bellflower. So next time I head out that way I'll give you a ring and see about grabbing some food.

  16. #16
    Regular Member ryanburbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long beach ca, , USA
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Tyler Durden View Post
    Hey ryan I'm up the freeway form you in Norwalk, and would like to meet up sometime to get some info on UOC there in Long Beach. I have a couple friends that just bought a house right off of Carson and Bellflower. So next time I head out that way I'll give you a ring and see about grabbing some food.
    Ha ha sounds good. Keep a look out for the next meetup in orange county. OCOC is hosting or setting it up.

    See ya around


    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

    James Taranto
    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

    James Taranto

  17. #17
    Regular Member ccrews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bellflower/Norwalk/Lakewood, California, USA
    Posts
    40
    I'm in Bellflower just the other side of the freeway. The Carrows right at Rosecrans and 605 is open carry friendly and well outside any GFZ. Great place for a meet up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •