Thread: Long Beach still a No go?

Long Beach still a No go?

I used to carry almost every day for about a year before the july 4th event (i forget the name of our member here it happened to) but point being i got a different firearm that wasnt lets say open carryable haha so i havent in about a year now...

BUT...

Does anyone know if long beach has been contacted about this? I tried to make several calls to Long Beach PD but could not find an actual phone number with a person...

Anyways point being i now have a new weapon i can holster and carry so id like to get back on the horse

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    The user ryanburbridge on this forum lives in LB and has open carried there numerous times. It hasn't been easy for him though. I think he's been unlawfully detained two or three times so far. If nothing else you two could meet up or at least share information on the weirdness of Long Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by eraseallhope View Post
    I used to carry almost every day for about a year before the july 4th event (i forget the name of our member here it happened to) but point being i got a different firearm that wasnt lets say open carryable haha so i havent in about a year now...

BUT...

Does anyone know if long beach has been contacted about this? I tried to make several calls to Long Beach PD but could not find an actual phone number with a person...

Anyways point being i now have a new weapon i can holster and carry so id like to get back on the horse
    It's me ryanburbridge!

I have moved recently. I now live about 1000 feet from the Long Beach Lakewood boarder. But Long Beach is still "My Home".

I have not skipped a beat when it comes to UOC. Every chance I get I carry. IMHO Long Beach is still very unpredictable when it comes to UOC. Stay alert and be prepared! Jason Davis wrote a very stern and informative letter to the chief of Long Beach police. ( I'll see if Jason will let me post it here. It's public record by now) the letter was NOT well received based on facts I can not talk about at this time. Hopefully soon.

I carry solo mostly but enjoy group meets. Give me a ring if you ever need a wing man or run into trouble.

I work next to the Signal Hill Turners if you stop by hit me up.

Ryan
    Cell (562)243-2622

Ps.
    It's my number! I'll post it if I want! Call me crazy but calls are EASY to block!

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

James Taranto

There are lots of wheels in motion working with LBPD brass to educate them on open carry.

If someone would like to coordinate an open carry event in LB I'm sure lots of people would attend.

Hey ryan, yea I saw your youtube and everything...

Its funny I'm on the lakewood/long beach boarder myself right by the mall actually so maybe we could set up a dinner meet sometime on candlewood there?

Either way thanx for the info and heads up, hopefully we can see each other around and spread the good word.

Bellflower/Norwalk/Lakewood, California, USA
    +1
    I'm in for anything in Lakewood/LongBeach area.

not well received?

Ryan , explain about your letter from the lawyer being not well received. Did the Chief not like OC in general, or he did not like the actions of the LB city employee(s) and how they treated you.

That new police chief just came in as a old school LAPD veteran, and probably has never heard of the US Constitution. Maybe Long Beach will not like paying Civil rights settlements like Los Angeles, and will change it's ways. I am not holding my breath for that.........

Quote Originally Posted by oc4ever View Post
    Ryan , explain about your letter from the lawyer being not well received. Did the Chief not like OC in general, or he did not like the actions of the LB city employee(s) and how they treated you.

That new police chief just came in as a old school LAPD veteran, and probably has never heard of the US Constitution. Maybe Long Beach will not like paying Civil rights settlements like Los Angeles, and will change it's ways. I am not holding my breath for that.........
    Well I can not discuss details yet. What I can say is I have retained a lawyer and will explain what I can after it's over. I can say it was in response to the letter that was sent to the LBPD.

James Taranto

James Taranto

Several board members from SBOC and another SBOC member that is an attorney will be meeting with some LBPD brass very shortly to help get everyone on the same page with open carry.

Hi I'm new to the forums. I live in Long Beach/Carson area. Ive been wanting to OC in Long Beach but I never see anyone doing it. Are there any groups in the area?

Quote Originally Posted by LorenHernandez View Post
    Hi I'm new to the forums. I live in Long Beach/Carson area. Ive been wanting to OC in Long Beach but I never see anyone doing it. Are there any groups in the area?
    Click on the link in hgreen's signature. South Bay Open Carry has been continuously gaining strength since its founding and does great work.

I'm also new to boards and UOC, having just recently found out it's legal. Would also like to join in on some kind of event as long as I can get it off work (grocery clerk). Quick question though. The pics I've seen so far are always of people with a gun on hip, then ammo pouches on other hip. Is there any problem with having them integrated with the holster? Will still be getting a belt pouch once my spare mags come in mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluephoenix View Post
    Is there any problem with having them integrated with the holster? Will still be getting a belt pouch once my spare mags come in mail.
    Nope, no problem having them integrated. I believe a few people on this board have those. My only worry with such a holster is the draw would require both hands to be on the same side of your body, which isn't exactly natural. Try checking your speed for drawing, dropping empty mag, loading full mag with the ammo on the same side as the firearm and see if there's a difference, I suspect there will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluephoenix View Post
    I'm also new to boards and UOC, having just recently found out it's legal. Would also like to join in on some kind of event as long as I can get it off work (grocery clerk). Quick question though. The pics I've seen so far are always of people with a gun on hip, then ammo pouches on other hip. Is there any problem with having them integrated with the holster? Will still be getting a belt pouch once my spare mags come in mail.
    I carry my PMK .380 with this rig.

Attachment 5452
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Regular Member Evil Tyler Durden's Avatar
    Crummy California the most unfair state in the union.

Exclamation

Hey ryan I'm up the freeway form you in Norwalk, and would like to meet up sometime to get some info on UOC there in Long Beach. I have a couple friends that just bought a house right off of Carson and Bellflower. So next time I head out that way I'll give you a ring and see about grabbing some food.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Tyler Durden View Post
    Hey ryan I'm up the freeway form you in Norwalk, and would like to meet up sometime to get some info on UOC there in Long Beach. I have a couple friends that just bought a house right off of Carson and Bellflower. So next time I head out that way I'll give you a ring and see about grabbing some food.
    Ha ha sounds good. Keep a look out for the next meetup in orange county. OCOC is hosting or setting it up.

See ya around

James Taranto

James Taranto

Bellflower/Norwalk/Lakewood, California, USA
    I'm in Bellflower just the other side of the freeway. The Carrows right at Rosecrans and 605 is open carry friendly and well outside any GFZ. Great place for a meet up.