• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

question on OC with MI CPL

quarter horseman

Need some answers to some OC questions please.

Have a MI CPL can I open carry in FL?

in a car how do I have to transport my gun?

restaurant with alcohol CC or OC?

thank you for any help you can give.

~*'Phoenix'*~

Hi,
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what your home state allows:
There is no open carry in Florida (unless you're hunting or fishing)
In a vehicle - either concealed on or about your person (with permit/license), or 'securely enclosed' (in a closed glove box or console, snapped/buckled holster, zippered computer bag, etc) it can be loaded and only 'one step' away, but you have to perform some action to make it available and ready. I recommend and usually try to do both, just to be safe (securely enclosed and concealed in a zippered computer bag pocket on the seat or floor next to me)
NO OC; CC in a restaurant is fine, but not a bar portion. And don't be 'under the influence' while carrying.
Best wishes

Last edited:

quarter horseman

Hi,
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what your home state allows:
There is no open carry in Florida (unless you're hunting or fishing)
In a vehicle - either concealed on or about your person (with permit/license), or 'securely enclosed' (in a closed glove box or console, snapped/buckled holster, zippered computer bag, etc) it can be loaded and only 'one step' away, but you have to perform some action to make it available and ready. I recommend and usually try to do both, just to be safe (securely enclosed and concealed in a zippered computer bag pocket on the seat or floor next to me)
NO OC; CC in a restaurant is fine, but not a bar portion. And don't be 'under the influence' while carrying.
Best wishes

Thank you so very much great info just what I was looking for. Have a great day!

~*'Phoenix'*~

You're welcome; no problem. Checked to make sure it's reciprocal (yes) too.
Carry on:banana:

Last edited: