• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OFF TOPIC FROM OPEN CARRY, but would like y'alls opinion nonetheless

HYRYSC

I enjoy shooting guns, all type of guns, from single shot derringers, to high-capacity firearms. I like pistols, rifles, carbines, shotguns etc. I do have them for protection also, but (thankfully) that particular use has not reared its ugly head in my life to date, so up to now, all of my firearm shooting has been for pure enjoyment.

With that said, there is a product out for AR15's called the slidefire. Its a stock that allows a user to bumpfire an AR, but from the shoulder while maintaining much more control than typical bumpfiring.

Now I know that bumpfiring has no use other than having fun, but that is my main use to date for my firearms, so there is no need to comment about "why would you need that?" I don't need it, but if its a decent product, I may want it for pure enjoyment.

Ok, now that I got that out of the way, what say you guys?

here is a link

http://www.slidefiresolutions.com/Product-SSAR-15.html

Last edited:

afcarry

The Slidefire is as far as I know the closest way to fire a US legal-semi-only AR in "auto mode." There really is no point, personal defense is something of a joke of an excuse since not many people carry AR15's every day for that purpose (with of course the exception of the zombie apocalypse or a breakdown of the law enforcement system like after Katrina). But I will say firing automatic weapons is something of a dream for many, and a very expensive hobby for some. It is awesome, and there is just no comparison against semi only weapons. Slidefire is great for rich people who dump inordinate amounts of money into ammo stockpiles, and a shovel to dig a money pit for average peeps.

HYRYSC

Hmmm, I think you summed it up fairly nicely.

I am certainly not rich, but have a fair share of disposable income on which to use for more frivolous things such as this (and the additional ammo that it would most certainly consume).

Like you said, it is a dream of mine to own a full auto, but since that would entail me spending substantially more than my disposable income would allow, I am seriously contemplating acquiring this as a range toy.

Of course this would also entail me purchasing an additional AR so I wouldn't have to swap it on and off...that's my story and I am sticking to it.

ChiangShih

I would love to play around with one of these things. My views on availability of full autos is a little more complex though. Personally, I view it as a fundamental right that every head of house in the US should have access to a fully modern battle ready assault rifle, on par with that of our military. After all, the framework and purpose of the second amendment is not just about self defense but about the ability to wage armed reform. Whether or not it is ever likely to happen, or whether or not an individual would actually need the weapon is a moot point. Present lack of need does not constitute restriction or prevent the possible future need of such devices. During the occupation of Iraq by U.S. and coalition forces, every Iraqi head of house was allowed one fully automatic AK47 for home defense, but Americans are apparently less trustworthy than Iraqis in the eyes of our government.

I'm not even asking for full auto; I'll be content if they unrestricted the production of modern burst fire weapons.

And as for ammo costs, I've said it before and I'll say it again, government subsidies for ammunition to registered owners benefits everyone.

HYRYSC

Well, if there are any at the upcoming gun show in Springfield at the end of the month, I will grab one and then post a review on here.

I have found a good number of review across the internet, but most of them are from folks that are comparing them to full auto NFA weapons. If I could get a full auto for less than $400, you can better believe that I would rather go that route, but If I can have fun at the range for about 1/40th of the price of a NFA full auto, then I think it would be money well wasted.

Richieg150

Just received an e-mail,from the manufacturer,and there will be a similar attachment for AK47's later this summer.cool......

goalseter88

that is neat, but man its 370 bucks. not sure i that interested in one.

got a question on that. i wonder if you use the ar15 with a 22cal conversion kit, do you think the 22 cal would generate enough recoil to make it function properly? if so then, you could shoot a lot without payig to much

also, have you seen the spring that you can put behind the triger that will make it shoot full auto like this by the recoil? its not as efficient as that, but its only cost 25 bucks. or atleast thats what it was going for at the last gun show i went to a half a year ago.

Last edited:

DevinWKuska

hmm... smaller application for my Glock 17 and I would buy up the 33rd mags and OC this beast. BG's(Pirates too!) beware DKsan has a legal Glock 18 ftw!:monkey

HYRYSC

Well, I heard from a friend that had shot one before, and he said that it was way cool, worked great and was well built. Its a friend that I trust (former LEO) so I put my order in on one, will be here by this weekend.

It's not like there is a shortage of reviews on this thing, but I figured that one more couldn't hurt, so I will be posting my review on here as soon as I get to shake it down.

Looks like a fun way to spend some time with my son in the backyard.

Kirbinator

I would love to play around with one of these things. My views on availability of full autos is a little more complex though. Personally, I view it as a fundamental right that every head of house in the US should have access to a fully modern battle ready assault rifle, on par with that of our military.

We arm the Iraqis just as such, with a fully-automatic rifle.