• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc Annual Meeting

BROKENSPROKET

We use Madison because it is the most central location to the bulk of our membership. Lacrosse, Green Bay, Wausau, Kenosha, Racine, all about 2.25 hours away. Madison obviously dead center and milwaukee 1 hour away.

Though we have members in every single county of the state, the bulk of the membership is concentrated around the most populated cities.

I'd vote for Madison soley based on the current political climate, But Wisconsin Dells in the conference/meeting capital of the state for a good logistical reason.

oak1971

With gas prices the way they are is anyone considering a car pool to the meeting. I am in S.E. WI.. Racine, Kenosha, Delavan area and would consider a car pool. I have a Suzuki Sidekick Sport... Small SUV, 4 cly., 5 speed manual (cheap on gas)... 4 door hard top. Not to big but would get there and back no problem... or I would also consider chipping in for gas in somebody else's car..

The Suzuki can be driven in 2 wheel (rear) drive, or 4 wheel drive in the weather gets bad...

Outdoorsman.

Normally I'd be up for that, and my car gets excellent mileage, but right now I can't even swing that.

anmut

Wisconsin Carry INC sticker idea:

Full size for rear window application that just says "... Shall Not Be Infringed." Then in smaller letters the WCI web address.

MKEgal

paul said:
OK, I either need to sleep or eat... or maybe both... but my mind took off with this.
If you had a coffee shop with an attached bumper car play lot, could you call it the Bump & Grind?

And can you imagine adults after having consumed a quart of extra-strong high-test ultra sugared coffee playing bumper cars?
Oh wait, that's called rush hour...

I'm leaving now.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

OK, I either need to sleep or eat... or maybe both... but my mind took off with this.
If you had a coffee shop with an attached bumper car play lot, could you call it the Bump & Grind?
And can you imagine adults after having consumed a quart of extra-strong high-test ultra sugared coffee playing bumper cars?
Oh wait, that's called rush hour...

I'm leaving now.

Does this mean if you buy a coffee that has to be brewed in a specail machine that you have to go through the expresso lane...

Ok.. I am done... But I am still looking for a possible car pool interest to the meeting.. I have room for three, with 1 confirmed, 1 maybe, and 1 would like to go but can't swing any contibution../ (I have aleady offered a free spot if I can put the pool together..

Outdoorsman1

HandyHamlet

I'm still in and will gladly contribute to gas/expenses. I'm bringing a camera too.

I'll be renewing my membership as well.

:banana:

MKEgal

I looked on their web page http://www.thedrybean.com/ for info about the Sunday brunch, & am tempted.
It's from 10 - 13:30, for $10, & has (of course) breakfasty & lunchish items.
eggs, sausage, waffles and potatoes. Or have some chicken, ribs, pasta, rice, tacos and more... there are even some deserts [sic] to choose from.
Mmmm, waffles. :rolleyes: :p :lol:
Anyone else want to get there a bit earlier, maybe noon?
I'd rather do that than try to order/eat during the meeting.

ETA - OK, I'll try to get there somewhere around noon, & get a table, & tell the hostess that anyone else w/ a gun can be seated there if they want company.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I looked on their web page http://www.thedrybean.com/ for info about the Sunday brunch, & am tempted.
It's from 10 - 2, for $10, & has (of course) breakfasty & lunchish items.

Mmmm, waffles. :rolleyes: :p :lol:
Anyone else want to get there a bit earlier, maybe noon?
I'd rather do that than try to order/eat during the meeting.

I was thinking the same thing. Get there at 1:00 or so and have some brunch!

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Does this mean if you buy a coffee that has to be brewed in a specail machine that you have to go through the expresso lane...

Ok.. I am done... But I am still looking for a possible car pool interest to the meeting.. I have room for three, with 1 confirmed, 1 maybe, and 1 would like to go but can't swing any contibution../ (I have aleady offered a free spot if I can put the pool together..

Outdoorsman1

I'd gladly contribute, pm me if a seat's available.

jpm84092

I will be there in spirit

My Friends,

I will be at the annual meeting in spirit only. I consulted my schedule and I have to teach a Utah Concealed Carry Permit class on Saturday the 26th from 9 am to 1 pm in Salt Lake City and there is just no way I can travel the 1500 miles to be in Madison on Sunday the 27th.

Carry on my friends, proudly carry on.

Jim

oak1971

We'll see, I'm still in the running for a job at Insinkerator as of today. If I can get some positive confirmation between now and then I'll go. I also have church on that day, so timing will be tight for a car pool situation. Argh...:banghead:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I spoke with the owner "Mary" today. Just an FYI for anyone heading there for brunch, usually brunch goes until 2, she said she was tearing down brunch at 1:30 on Sunday in preparation for our meeting. So if you are going to have brunch, I'd probably shoot for noon-ish more-so than 1-ish.

Carry On!

Outdoorsman1

I would be up for an early arrival... To get there early I would think we should leave the Lake Geneva area (Hwy 12 North..??) by around no later than 9:30..??. I will confirm time to get there via Mapquest and my GPS tomorrow. I will post more info tomorrow as far as the car pool thing... So far looks like me, HandyHamlet, Running Wolf, ...

There was a guy at Lizzy's Friday night that expressed an interest. He was not on this website yet but was from Union Grove and I think his name was Dennis..???

I am in Silver Lake (Kenosha County) so I am thinking about meeting up at the Burger King at the N.W. corrner of the intersection of Hwy 50 and 75 (just west of Paddock Lake. There is plenty of safe parking there to leave your cars. Then west on Hwy 50 and just follow the GPS from there...

I will post more tomorrow...

If anybody else in the area is planning on going, we could all meet up and caravan up to the meeting...

Outdoorsman.