• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc Annual Meeting

protias

Are you thinking of the kid with the Lil gun on his side? That was cool to see. Start him off early I guess (I have no kids). His dad was a nice guy also. Don't remember his name though...
Yes, that was the gentleman I was speaking of.

proneblocked

Are you thinking of the kid with the Lil gun on his side? That was cool to see. Start him off early I guess (I have no kids). His dad was a nice guy also. Don't remember his name though...

That little kid is my son, Brody. My name is Joe. It's nice to read all the good comments about him. To be honest, I wasn't sure what type of reaction we'd get but he wanted to wear his (toy) holstered gun and I told him he had to follow the rules just like everyone else and he kept that thing holstered the whole time much to my dismay. We had a good time!

AaronS

I'll bet ya $100 that Brody will be able to out shoot me by the time he is of age to buy a gun at a store. I don't have any kids, but it sure makes me feel good knowing that your son is learning what I feel are very important life lesions from the man he should, you. I guess I see a lot of what I think are not so good parents in my area...
You look to be a great father, and I am sure your son will show it when he is older.
Keep up the good work, and carry on.

:)Man, I love happy posts!:)

IcrewUH60

Did I see Dane Co. Sheriff Mahoney there? Or maybe I was seeing things.

Nik posted something on the WCI facebook page that he was there, along with former Wisconsin Legislator John Alberts.

I heard the Sheriff talking to another gentleman about Concealed Carry. He is not for Constitutional Carry from what I understood. He is all for Permits and Mandatory Training "personally" he said. Then he followed up with that he was a constitutional officer and is bound to uphold the constitution.

If anyone thinks I mis-heard him, it could be possible (there were over 200 people there talking and carrying-on). Anyone know for sure where he stands on Constitutional Carry?

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I heard the Sheriff talking to another gentleman about Concealed Carry. He is not for Constitutional Carry from what I understood. He is all for Permits and Mandatory Training "personally" he said. Then he followed up with that he was a constitutional officer and is bound to uphold the constitution.

Sheriff Mahoney came up and introduced himself to me and we had a good conversation.

He said he fully supported the concealed carry and then added that being in a law-enforcement perspective if he had his wish, he would opt for permits and training, but none-the-less supported the concept of law-abiding people carrying for self-defense. He also mentioned that he had no problem with lawful open-carry.

Outdoorsman1

Quote...

"You look to be a great father, and I am sure your son will show it when he is older.
Keep up the good work, and carry on."

By his behavior at the meeting, I am thinking you son is already "showing it"...

Outdoorsman.

comp45acp

Dining at The Dry Bean

I spoke with Mary Bursac the owner/manager after the meeting. She said she would grant permission to carry for dining in the future. She said the best way to obtain permission is to email her as she is not always there.

marydrybean@gmail.com

MKEgal

Nik said:
Sheriff Mahoney... if he had his wish, he would opt for permits and training.
:banghead: And how does he propose getting criminals to get permits & training?
I don't understand why it's so hard to get people to understand what seems to me to be a simple concept (or rather, set of related concepts):
Criminals cause problems. Good citizens don't.
Criminals don't follow laws.
Laws requiring permits & training won't stop problems caused by criminals.

comp45acp said:
I spoke with Mary Bursac the owner/manager after the meeting. She said she would grant permission to carry for dining in the future.
WIN!
It'd be even better if there were a sign on the door "peaceful open carry of holstered firearms permitted for the duration of your visit".
And another one saying "open carriers are served free sodas & will be refused alcohol".

Last edited:

protias

WIN!
It'd be even better if there were a sign on the door "peaceful open carry of holstered firearms permitted for the duration of your visit".
And another one saying "open carriers are served free sodas & will be refused alcohol".

progunsign2.jpg

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
WIN!

I don't think the law provides for "blanket" permission but rather permission for a specific event for a limited duration.

Also, to my knowledge there is no law prohibiting a person from having a glass of wine while they are carrying. Or a glass of beer. I don't advocate, nor condemn people for doing so, rather, I believe its up to them to be accountable as an individual to follow the law and make their own choices.

I don't like nanny government and I prefer to patronize establishments that respect my right to live my life as I choose (within the law)

Last edited: