Thread: Bill protects those taping police

Bill protects those taping police

Not bad, Connecticut!

Gotta find the bill to read the language.

I hope there is no "notification" language. If there is, when you notify a LEO that you are taping them, you can pretty much gather where that is going to go!

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by KIX View Post
    I hope there is no "notification" language. If there is, when you notify a LEO that you are taping them, you can pretty much gather where that is going to go!
    In my experience in Old Saybrook? Nowhere. They didn't even care that they were being taped during an obviously illegal detainment, even when they found out that the crime they were basing their RAS on didn't exist.

YMMV but I think this bill is pretty useless. We don't need laws to make things more illegal.

So let me see if I got this right. Our legislature took the time, paper and pen as well as the time to introduce a bill on something that is already legal. What next a bill saying that it is good to drive through a green light? How about the LEOs just learn the ACTUAL law instead of the law as they want to see it. Such a wage of the State finances.

Quote Originally Posted by ctgunfreedom View Post
    How about the LEOs just learn the ACTUAL law instead of the law as they want to see it.
    Back in the real world, this bill seems like it could do some good.

So let me see if I got this right. Our legislature took the time, paper and pen as well as the time to introduce a bill on something that is already legal. What next a bill saying that it is good to drive through a green light? How about the LEOs just learn the ACTUAL law instead of the law as they want to see it. Such a wage of the State finances.
    We need more laws damn it!

Moreover, since when does the legislature draft laws that make thing /legal/?

Since every day innocent victims are arrested for the crime of... photography?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Since every day innocent victims are arrested for the crime of... photography?
    Thank you!

And anyway, this doesn't legalize behavior which was already legal by default.

What it does, is make it civilly actionable for cops to ignore the limits of their legal authority, which they do by illegally arresting folks who videotape or record them. This just means it's that much easier to sue them when they screw up, which is basically 100% awesome.

Seeing as this happens all the time, and has happened in Connecticut, I think it's a fantastic idea.
    Last edited by marshaul; 03-04-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Yeah...we should toss the Bill of Rights too because it uselessly enshrines our natural rights....right?
    "Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Thanks for posting the link to Miller's site. The sad fact is that the firearms culture is not the only one fighting false arrests on a daily basis.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie