• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill protects those taping police

KIX

Gotta find the bill to read the language.

I hope there is no "notification" language. If there is, when you notify a LEO that you are taping them, you can pretty much gather where that is going to go!

Jonathan

Rich B

I hope there is no "notification" language. If there is, when you notify a LEO that you are taping them, you can pretty much gather where that is going to go!

In my experience in Old Saybrook? Nowhere. They didn't even care that they were being taped during an obviously illegal detainment, even when they found out that the crime they were basing their RAS on didn't exist.

YMMV but I think this bill is pretty useless. We don't need laws to make things more illegal.

ctgunfreedom

So let me see if I got this right. Our legislature took the time, paper and pen as well as the time to introduce a bill on something that is already legal. What next a bill saying that it is good to drive through a green light? How about the LEOs just learn the ACTUAL law instead of the law as they want to see it. Such a wage of the State finances.

Rich B

So let me see if I got this right. Our legislature took the time, paper and pen as well as the time to introduce a bill on something that is already legal. What next a bill saying that it is good to drive through a green light? How about the LEOs just learn the ACTUAL law instead of the law as they want to see it. Such a wage of the State finances.

We need more laws damn it!

Moreover, since when does the legislature draft laws that make thing /legal/?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Since every day innocent victims are arrested for the crime of... photography?

Thank you!

And anyway, this doesn't legalize behavior which was already legal by default.

What it does, is make it civilly actionable for cops to ignore the limits of their legal authority, which they do by illegally arresting folks who videotape or record them. This just means it's that much easier to sue them when they screw up, which is basically 100% awesome.

Seeing as this happens all the time, and has happened in Connecticut, I think it's a fantastic idea.

Last edited:

emsjeep

Yeah...we should toss the Bill of Rights too because it uselessly enshrines our natural rights....right?