• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Republican State Senator Pursued By Protesters

Vandil

Dozens of demonstrators followed state Sen. Glenn Grothman around the outside of the Capitol Tuesday evening, some shouting "Shame! Shame! Shame!" as he banged on closed windows and locked doors to get inside.
One of the protesters, Tony Castaneda, said the crowd was rushing Grothman so quickly that some people were "squashed" and pushed against the Capitol doors.

I have to admit that would make me a little "worried" if I was put in that position. What's Grothman's stance on CC?

HandyHamlet

Being a Republican?

Amen brother.

Silly question. Has anyone checked to see exactly what rushed him? ZOmBieS perhaps?

Update:

http://www.channel3000.com/news/27053877/detail.html

Missing Senators To Be Fined $100 A Day
Senate Also Authorizes Law Enforcement To Help Get Senators Back

Posted: 11:50 am CST March 2, 2011Updated: 12:00 pm CST March 2, 2011

MADISOn, Wis. -- Republicans in the Wisconsin Senate are taking new steps to bring the 14 missing Senate Democrats back to Wisconsin.

They passed a resolution Wednesday morning on a unanimous vote that would charge each senator $100 each day for every day the lawmaker was missing. They would also make the 14 missing senators reimburse the Senate for any cost incurred to bring them back.

Fined after two weeks? They should be removed from office and replaced.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
If that would have been a zombie film, there would have been alot of spent brass on the ground..Where was Capitol Police when he was being chased ? Looking the other way ?! I would have defended myself in this situation with unarmed Hand to Hand combat. All you have to say to the cops is...officer one of them said he was going to kill me... You have a duty to retreat...well officer I was surrounded by a mob in which one of them threatened my life , so I defended myself.

Last edited:

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran

Here's another article on the incident. The author makes an interesting point that this isn't being reported by the mainstream media.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=42093

Apparently Hintz has a lot on his mind:

"He was arrested earlier in the month for visiting a massage parlor in Appleton that was being investigated for alleged prostitution in a police sting operation. Hintz later said he would assume responsibility for that action."

http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2011/mar/01/oshkosh-rep-hintz-apologizes-threat/

Last edited:

XDFDE45

Here's another article on the incident. The author makes an interesting point that this isn't being reported by the mainstream media.

I read that in the email that I get from them. You mean the MSM isn't reporting on the disturbing behavior of Democrats? There's a shocker
raisedeyebrow.gif

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

Apparently Hintz has a lot on his mind:

"He was arrested earlier in the month for visiting a massage parlor in Appleton that was being investigated for alleged prostitution in a police sting operation. Hintz later said he would assume responsibility for that action."

http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2011/mar/01/oshkosh-rep-hintz-apologizes-threat/

If a Republican would have made such a statement it would have gone viral in 5 minutes.. to them it's not news worthy unless a Republican does it..

oak1971

These "people" (and i use that term loosely) are not protesters exercising free speech, they are thugs, agitators, and (I believe) enemies of freedom.

1FASTC4

If that would have been a zombie film, there would have been alot of spent brass on the ground..Where was Capitol Police when he was being chased ? Looking the other way ?! I would have defended myself in this situation with unarmed Hand to Hand combat. All you have to say to the cops is...officer one of them said he was going to kill me... You have a duty to retreat...well officer I was surrounded by a mob in which one of them threatened my life , so I defended myself.

I would have sent flowers to your hospital room. :)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I would have sent flowers to your hospital room. :)

Better off sending them to the Morgue for the unlucky ignorant ones that decided to attack me the 6'6" 300 pound, well armed, serious as a heart attack, former Biker. In the Military they don't teach you to wound your attacker

1FASTC4

Better off sending them to the Morgue for the unlucky ignorant ones that decided to attack me the 6'6" 300 pound, well armed, serious as a heart attack, former Biker. In the Military they don't teach you to wound your attacker

LOL!
I was referring to the numbers game, tough guy. Supposedly, there were so many people that some of them were "squashed" up against the glass. Tough for anyone to defend themselves "in unarmed hand to hand combat" against a crush of humanity. Even Chuck Norris would have had a tough time.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
LOL!
I was referring to the numbers game, tough guy. Supposedly, there were so many people that some of them were "squashed" up against the glass. Tough for anyone to defend themselves "in unarmed hand to hand combat" against a crush of humanity. Even Chuck Norris would have had a tough time.

Chuck Norris would Killem all, LOL :) They would get me eventually but I would make them regret it. Weapons might also get employed in that situation because I would not want to be crushed to death...people scatter when they hear POP, POP, POP, POP, POP, POP..... Just saying when in fight or flight mode.

Last edited:

1FASTC4

Chuck Norris would Killem all, LOL :) They would get me eventually but I would make then regret it. Weapons might also get employed in that situation, fight or flight mode.

Heheh, I can see the news interviews now about the several deaths:
Main stream media reporter: "What happened?"

Protester: "Well this big guy was thumping some protesters who were attacking him.. Then a protester hit the big guy with a stick and the big guy pulled out a gun."

MSM reporter: "And that's when he killed all those people, right?"

Protester: "Welllll, not exactly."

MSM reporter: "What happend, then?"

Protester: "Somebody yelled that the big guy had a gun and panic broke out. A foul stench arose in the air."

MSM Reporter: "Foul stench?"

Protester: "Yes, it was disgusting."

MSM Reporter: "What was this foul stench?"

Protester: "Well you have to remember. All of us protesters are, you know.. liberals."

MSM Reporter: "Sure, but what does that have to do with the foul stench?"

Protester: " Well as soon as someone mentioned "gun" most of us soiled ourselves."

MSM Reporter: "and that's when the big guy opend fire, and killed all these protesters, right?"

Protester: "No, not quite."

MSM Reporter: "Well when DID he kill all these protesters?"

Protester: "Well he didn't actually shoot anyone."

MSM Reporter: "Then what happened here? How did he kill them?"

Protester: "well remember, we're liberals and we soiled ourselves upon hearing the word "gun". After that, we all tried to run away. There was so much poop on the ground that several people slipped and were trampled to death."

MSM Reporter: "So how many people did the big evil gun owner kill then?"

Protester: Well, none. He never even pointed his gun at anyone. I think maybe he was going to but he got a phone call and left.

MSM Reporter: What? He got a phone call and left? who called him?

Protester: It was Chuck Norris. Mr. Norris was watching on a live news feed. He asked the big guy to meet him for a few beers.

MSM Reporter: So the big evil guy with the gun didn't pull the trigger or even point his gun? All the protesters were trampled to death by their own people, and the big guy had beers with Chuck Norris?

Protester: Yep, that's what happened.

MSM Reporter: There you have it folks. proof that a big, gun toting evil man killed several innocent protesters. When will the government ban guns so we can be safe?

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

I am sad that I have to say this again, but if it was a mob of veterans we would have been arrested for terrorist actions.

Terrorist Action: Any action intended to use fear as a weapon, or any action that could cause fear to be used for leverage.
(According to the Patriot Act)