Thread: Not exactly progress

Not exactly progress

I live right across the street. There's 6 cop cars blocking the exit, and the school is still in lock down.

Student arrest after report of gun at Mark Morris
    "If you don't want to be shorn, don't be sheep!"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    More reason to get rid of private schools.

As a parent, I would be livid at a lock down where I didn't have access to my child.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

As a parent, I would be livid at a lock down where I didn't have access to my child.
    Get rid of private schools?? I'm guessing that's a typo?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

For sure. Although, i read that they were allowing kids to go home with their parents.

Now, turns out the kid had a knife, not a gun but cops aren't saying where they found the knife. Oh, and the kid was arrested off school property too.

http://tdn.com/news/local/article_11...cc4c002e0.html

So we had every cop in the area at the school, M4's in hand... All for a knife.
    "If you don't want to be shorn, don't be sheep!"

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Get rid of private schools?? I'm guessing that's a typo?
    Damn yes it was a very bad gaff, I meant Public Schools.

In the very least get rid of DOE, and make them local again.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by therealcombat View Post
    For sure. Although, i read that they were allowing kids to go home with their parents.

Now, turns out the kid had a knife, not a gun but cops aren't saying where they found the knife. Oh, and the kid was arrested off school property too.

http://tdn.com/news/local/article_11...cc4c002e0.html

So we had every cop in the area at the school, M4's in hand... All for a knife.
    From my read the kid didn't have the knife on him at time of contact either. Any excuse to use their military forces. I personally think it would have been way better to send a couple plain clothes guys in investigate and nab the one kid. This whole put everybody in danger and break out all the guns and cause a huge scene is just a disturbing sign of how desperately they want a police state.

From my read the kid didn't have the knife on him at time of contact either. Any excuse to use their military forces. I personally think it would have been way better to send a couple plain clothes guys in investigate and nab the one kid. This whole put everybody in danger and break out all the guns and cause a huge scene is just a disturbing sign of how desperately they want a police state.
    Send in Sgt. Walker of the Texas Rangers!

You know their motto, "One Kid with weapon, only One Ranger"
    Last edited by amlevin; 03-03-2011 at 10:22 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Damn yes it was a very bad gaff, I meant Public Schools.

In the very least get rid of DOE, and make them local again.
    Whew for a minute there I thot you'd gone wonkey. Although I was really curious to hear how you were going to back that one up. Name:  icon_mrgreen.gif
Views: 126
Size:  349 Bytes

I could see some use for the DoE. Say, slash their budget by 99% and reduce them to a purely advisory role. The DoE would be free to suggest curricula and standards, and the (entirely private) schools could choose whether or not to adopt them, thus being able to claim "DoE Accreditation" or some such. Other organizations would be free to advocate their own curricula. The effectiveness of the department and its systems could be judged by how many schools were still accredited by it a few years later, vs how many wouldn't touch it with a 99-1/2 foot pole.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.