• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not exactly progress

therealcombat

More reason to get rid of private schools.

As a parent, I would be livid at a lock down where I didn't have access to my child.

For sure. Although, i read that they were allowing kids to go home with their parents.

Now, turns out the kid had a knife, not a gun but cops aren't saying where they found the knife. Oh, and the kid was arrested off school property too.

http://tdn.com/news/local/article_11bb8276-453b-11e0-bdba-001cc4c002e0.html

So we had every cop in the area at the school, M4's in hand... All for a knife.

sudden valley gunner

For sure. Although, i read that they were allowing kids to go home with their parents.

Now, turns out the kid had a knife, not a gun but cops aren't saying where they found the knife. Oh, and the kid was arrested off school property too.

http://tdn.com/news/local/article_11bb8276-453b-11e0-bdba-001cc4c002e0.html

So we had every cop in the area at the school, M4's in hand... All for a knife.

From my read the kid didn't have the knife on him at time of contact either. Any excuse to use their military forces. I personally think it would have been way better to send a couple plain clothes guys in investigate and nab the one kid. This whole put everybody in danger and break out all the guns and cause a huge scene is just a disturbing sign of how desperately they want a police state.

amlevin

From my read the kid didn't have the knife on him at time of contact either. Any excuse to use their military forces. I personally think it would have been way better to send a couple plain clothes guys in investigate and nab the one kid. This whole put everybody in danger and break out all the guns and cause a huge scene is just a disturbing sign of how desperately they want a police state.

Send in Sgt. Walker of the Texas Rangers!

Walker-Texas-Ranger.jpg

You know their motto, "One Kid with weapon, only One Ranger"

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Damn yes it was a very bad gaff, I meant Public Schools.

In the very least get rid of DOE, and make them local again.

Whew for a minute there I thot you'd gone wonkey. Although I was really curious to hear how you were going to back that one up. icon_mrgreen.gif

I could see some use for the DoE. Say, slash their budget by 99% and reduce them to a purely advisory role. The DoE would be free to suggest curricula and standards, and the (entirely private) schools could choose whether or not to adopt them, thus being able to claim "DoE Accreditation" or some such. Other organizations would be free to advocate their own curricula. The effectiveness of the department and its systems could be judged by how many schools were still accredited by it a few years later, vs how many wouldn't touch it with a 99-1/2 foot pole. :cool: