• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Left has lost gun control debate

Dave Workman

sudden valley gunner

A Washington newspaper yesterday morning published an editorial that created quite a stir by announcing that “The left has permanently lost the argument on gun control,” which ought to be required reading for Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn, the staff at Washington CeaseFire, and the Seattle Times editorial board.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...aper-pegs-it-left-has-lost-gun-control-debate

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/478ahpd

Good read Dave, although I don't agree that is completely the left who are for "sensible" gun laws. I don't think the issue is dead either, they will await the next "crisis" to use to their advantage.

Maybe Obama will surprise us all and sign the reciprocity bill, since it does grant the federal government more power and he is for that.

sudden valley gunner

Than they need to grow some balls and stop compromising. :lol:

I'd like to see the Democratic party disappear and the new fake party left and right would be Republican vs. Constitutionalist. I can dream can't I? :lol:

amlevin

I'd like to see the Democratic party disappear and the new fake party left and right would be Republican vs. Constitutionalist. I can dream can't I? :lol:

Why not breath some life into the Libertarian Party? Get them to field an electable candidate. One that would take LOTS of votes from both parties and win. Not just be a "spoiler" that ends up shifting the election to the least desirable candidate as has happened all too often.

Metalhead47

Agreed without contest.

I could get behind this. I imagine in such a reality the only carry argument would be OC vs CC, since someone going around without a gun, well, that would just be wierd. :lol:

Why not breath some life into the Libertarian Party? Get them to field an electable candidate. One that would take LOTS of votes from both parties and win. Not just be a "spoiler" that ends up shifting the election to the least desirable candidate as has happened all too often.

Unlikely. History has demonstrated this. Remember, as far as the left (especially the extreme left) is concerned, "Libertarians" are still rightwing nutjob neocons. With the exception of a few small fringe outfits like the Green party, the left is pretty united and solidified by the Democrats. There seems to be a growing split on the right between those who want more liberty, and those who want complete liberty. The only way for SVG's dream of the Democrats disappearing and the GOP becoming the "new left" to come to pass, barring a zombie apocalypse, is for those who believe in liberty to unite behind the Republicans, and to bring that party more towards liberty from the inside.

I just don't see this happening the other way around. Except for a few specific exceptions vs the Republicans, the Democrats always seem to want more control and more regulation, and more of each is always the solution to any given problem.

REMEMBER which party it is that made it a crime to use more 2 gallons to flush your shite down the toilet.

Lovenox

Good read Dave, although I don't agree that is completely the left who are for "sensible" gun laws. I don't think the issue is dead either, they will await the next "crisis" to use to their advantage.

That has been thier M.O. for as long as I can remember. The last "crisis" was the shooting of the Congresswoman from Arizona and right on cue the media was out with its laundry list of anti-gun rhetoric. Its gaining no traction and that horse has been beat to death. As a matter of fact, wasn't a bill introduced to allow carry (conceal) without a permit???

acmariner99

Minor Correction

That has been thier M.O. for as long as I can remember. The last "crisis" was the shooting of the Congresswoman from Arizona and right on cue the media was out with its laundry list of anti-gun rhetoric. Its gaining no traction and that horse has been beat to death. As a matter of fact, wasn't a bill introduced to allow carry (conceal) without a permit???

Arizona passed Constitutional Carry last year -- what I think you are referring to is the national reciprocity bill being discussed in Congress.

sudden valley gunner

I could be mistaken but I think I heard on the radio today they just removed many "restricted" areas in Arizona too. Of course I was working and only catching excerpts of the news.

DEROS72

The left and their rhetoric on gun control...If you keep beating it it jiggles!