Thread: Might be moving the SC and have some questions.

Might be moving the SC and have some questions.

I might be moving to SC from WA in the next year or so, not very likely, but I figure I should ask my questions now just in case. I would like to know the general laws on OC and CC in South Carolina. Can I OC without a license or permit? Is SC a shall issue state for a concealed carry?

Being from Washington, which is a shall issue withing 30 days state for concealed carry, I just wanted to know if I can expect roughly the same from South Carolina. Any help or links would be appreciated.

OC is not legal in South Carolina, and CC is allowed by permit only. Once you become a resident of SC, you must obtain a SC CWP if you wish to carry. No permit is required to keep a firearm, loaded or not, in your vehicle's glovebox, center console, or container with integral locking fasteners, nor to carry (OC or CC) at your fixed place of business (as long as you aren't licensed to sell alcohol for on-premise consumption, Sec. 16-23-465), nor (OC or CC) at your residence.

Exactly the info I was looking for, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hef View Post
    OC is not legal in South Carolina, and CC is allowed by permit only. Once you become a resident of SC, you must obtain a SC CWP if you wish to carry. No permit is required to keep a firearm, loaded or not, in your vehicle's glovebox, center console, or container with integral locking fasteners, nor to carry (OC or CC) at your fixed place of business (as long as you aren't licensed to sell alcohol for on-premise consumption, Sec. 16-23-465), nor (OC or CC) at your residence.
    All of this is my understanding as well, though I'm from NC.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member