• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Muslim shop owner has no problem with my open carry

amlevin

No one "merely" puts anything into a sentence without meaning. Are you saying his entery is meaningless?

First of all why not ask the OP?

As for calling one anything, since the majority of this country is Caucasian (for now anyway) it's one of those things that if an ethnic designation is not given the party is assumed to be white. I might use a term such as Russian, Mexican, etc, merely to note that that's what the person was. Perhaps SVG was pointing out her ethnicity and assumed religion merely as side note to his interesting conversation.

Let's see what HE has to say. Should be signing in at any time now.

sudden valley gunner

I am by no means a PC Nazi...but what does Muslim have to do with it?

Good Question? And a valid one.

Sure, but we don't say "Hispanic LEO gave me a ticket!" or "White LEO harrased me at Safeway"

Again, for the record I am in no way, shape or form a PC Cop...I was just wondering why the highlight for the religion. Maybe he left something out of it?

To show that OCers and supporters can be diverse and not excluded to old fat white men? :confused:

lol sparky, in ENG101 yesterday we hit that controversial topic...apparently writing out how a speaker pronounces words and such is a terrible, terrible, racist thing.

Thanks, SVG, that was a cool story.

Her religion is a strong component of her self-concept, and therefore is a defining factor in her identity.

She would no doubt herself admit that her perspective on and reaction to the world is greatly affected by her religious identity. This is neither a bad nor a good thing; it is simply an observation of human tendencies.

So, yes, it's significant, because a majority of OCers are fat white dudes, and a majority of certain urban minorities do not favor private gun ownership.

Culture is not homogenous, and although people are of equal value regardless of their beliefs or background (only actions may make one inferior to another), it is quite reasonable to recognize cultural differences, and also instances of two cultures coming together, or one immigrant culture beginning to adopt the tenets of the dominant culture of a new home.

I didn't mention her race I mentioned her religion. She was Arabic in appearance by the way. Not that I am an expert on middle east ethnic backgrounds.:lol: But I am not very PC Green is faster and Marshaul covered the points very well.

There was no harm meant by me are any effort at all to demean her and her belief's, but in addition to the thoughts by Amlevin, Green is Faster and Marshaul I simply wanted to make the story live in your mind so when you read it you can imagine the actual people involved in the story. Simply put if you have spent some time reading a few of the anti-muslim expressions by a few of the other posters (especially in the social lounge mosque threads) I would like them to see muslim Americans in another light than their closed minds.

DEROS72

Not PC

I will wear my invidel shirt when I stop in.They still killed 3000 Americans 10 years ago.Will not be tolerant!!! They are trying to bring sharia into this country and I'm sure there is no one here that would allow that.I saw a death to Americans bumper sticker on one of their cars in the parking lot here.We will not have that s..t in this America!!!!!http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/
http://twg2a.wordpress.com/2010/11/28/the-death-knell-of-freedom/

These are just a couple of articles from Elisa's website the www.THEWAKINGGIANT.COM.She will be one of our speakers at our rally.these people are one of the biggest reasons to hold on to our 2A.

ADMINISTRATORS COMMENTS: We ask the public to not condemn all law-abiding citizens for the actions of the few criminals who misuse firearms. We should extend the same courtesy to Muslims. None of us support radicals who hate America or who wish to destroy our judicial system with Sharia but that is NOT all muslims. Please narrow your comments accordingly.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I will wear my invidel shirt when I stop in.They still killed 3000 Americans 10 years ago.Will not be tolerant!!! They are trying to bring sharia into this country and I'm sure there is no one here that would alloew that.I saw a death to Americans bumper sticker on one of their cars in the parking lot here.We will not have that s..t in this America!!!!!http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/

Sorry Jim, I agree there are asses in all communities, Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Atheist. But if I would have had this attitude going in I would have never met this lovely person. Who specifically told me the respect she has for Christians and her personal belief that Jesus was a great prophet and that Muslims who do not believe so are not true Muslims. When I told her I am not a follower of any mainstream religion, she expressed respect for that and said the only thing that really matters is we respect each other.

sudden valley gunner

;) Sometimes you can just know it's going to go that way.

I won't go on about the Us vs. them religious based debate besides my above addition. I'll let others do that. To me personally it warmed my heart and enriched my life meeting and having thoughtful discussions with this well spoken, kind, open minded person, and how accepting she was of my open carry and of me as a person.

DEROS72

They are all liers and if she was American she would denounce that crap .There is not one that can be trusted.They all put on a happy face when in front of them .We will not have it in America.People in this country have become a bunch of PC whiney tolerant wimps.When people come to America it is up to them to become American and adapt to us not us tolerating there ways.Especially when they attack us and still attack.Look at the muslim world they live like animals and you want to tolerate that here.???Baffles me.

http://womenagainstshariah.blogspot.com/

ADMINISTRATORS COMMENTS: Once again ... We ask the public to not condemn all law-abiding citizens for the actions of the few criminals who misuse firearms. We should extend the same courtesy to Muslims. None of us support radicals who hate America or who wish to destroy our judicial system with Sharia but that is NOT all muslims. Please narrow your comments accordingly.

OrangeIsTrouble

While we're at it, deros, you should do a perimeter check of your apartment complex...

page119-spiderhole.jpg

:D

BTW, for the potential butt-hurters, I mean absolutely no harm or threat with this post.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Her religion is a strong component of her self-concept, and therefore is a defining factor in her identity.

Thats an assumption on your part. Did you speak with her? But, heck you could be right.

Sure, it is. But it's a pretty safe assumption.

If she cares enough about her religion to be identifiable as a Muslim (I am assuming that SVG wasn't assuming based solely on her ethnicity :p) then I bet it's an important part of her self-concept.

People who are religious by default, but don't really care all that much, are rarely instantly identifiable as of their claimed religion.

The same is true with followers of any religion. If it's important enough to be apparent to strangers, then it's a given that they self-identify as being (Christian/Muslim/Buddhist/whatever) and that this is therefore an important part of their self-concept, and so colors their experience accordingly.

I will wear my invidel shirt when I stop in.They still killed 3000 Americans 10 years ago.Will not be tolerant!!! They are trying to bring sharia into this country and I'm sure there is no one here that would allow that.I saw a death to Americans bumper sticker on one of their cars in the parking lot here.We will not have that s..t in this America!!!!!http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/
http://twg2a.wordpress.com/2010/11/28/the-death-knell-of-freedom/

These are just a couple of articles from Elisa's website the www.THEWAKINGGIANT.COM.She will be one of our speakers at our rally.these people are one of the biggest reasons to hold on to our 2A.

:rolleyes:

I rarely say this to people on forums... but can you just, like, go away, or something?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

I won't go on about the Us vs. them religious based debate besides my above addition. I'll let others do that. To me personally it warmed my heart and enriched my life meeting and having thoughtful discussions with this well spoken, kind, open minded person, and how accepting she was of my open carry and of me as a person.

Awesome. Good for you, SVG. :)

Too bad it has to be something other than that for some folks here.

kenshin

They are all liers and if she was American she would denounce that crap .There is not one that can be trusted.They all put on a happy face when in front of them .We will not have it in America.People in this country have become a bunch of PC whiney tolerant wimps.When people come to America it is up to them to become American and adapt to us not us tolerating there ways.Especially when they attack us and still attack.Look at the muslim world they live like animals and you want to tolerate that here.???Baffles me.

Wow, just wow Jim. Way to stereotype.

So you believe that when a few people in a group do something horrendous, that mean that all people in that group are that way. <sarcasm>I guess that means that when some idiot with a gun shoots a LEO or murders a citizen that all gun owners are capable of that and shouldn't be trusted. Sounds like we need more gun control then.</sarcasm>

I'm not usually very PC myself but this display of bigotry is exactly the mindset that we've been fighting in the anti's for so long.

DEROS72

Sure, it is. But it's a pretty safe assumption.

If she cares enough about her religion to be identifiable as a Muslim (I am assuming that SVG wasn't assuming based solely on her ethnicity :p) then I bet it's an important part of her self-concept.

People who are religious by default, but don't really care all that much, are rarely instantly identifiable as of their claimed religion.

The same is true with followers of any religion. If it's important enough to be apparent to strangers, then it's a given that they self-identify as being (Christian/Muslim/Buddhist/whatever) and that this is therefore an important part of their self-concept, and so colors their experience accordingly.

:rolleyes:

I rarely say this to people on forums... but can you just, like, go away, or something?

Sorry I've been around to long now ,and I'm in the middle of putting together the 2A rally.So I'm here to stay....Cool huh?

1911er

Where is this shirt shop

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Do you have meds you need to be taking or something?

You've really gone off the deep end since before my hiatus.

According to you, ALL muslims cannot be trusted, and they want us to tolerate them living like animals here.

I don't recall SVG mentioning anything in his post about the t-shirt shop being run as if by animals. It seemed like a nice establishment from his telling (is there anything you'd like to add, SVG? :p). So WTF does your hate have to do with this topic? Aren't there forums for this crap?

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Sorry I've been around to long now ,and I'm in the middle of putting together the 2A rally.So I'm here to stay....Cool huh?

What about this thread. Since you have nothing pro-2a to contribute to it. Can you stay, in all the other threads but this one?

That would be great.

Metalhead47

Both y'all, all y'all, y'all in general...

Can we all jus let it drop please? marshaul, as I think you know DEROS is a well-respected and instrumental member of our community here. He's entitled to his opinion, as are you. Nothing be accomplished by this line of discussion, except the spreading of bad blood, and opinions won't be changed either way, so let's all just let the thread drop OK?