• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Study help needed, workign on ending useless suitability

brk913

BRK913 brings up something I'm noticing on forms this week.

Some towns like Middletown was chastised for the way they did their permitting and extra information. Now, they put the word "optional" in front of the request. I just received a Waterbury application from a few months ago that does not mention the word "option". would be nice to see if they deny a person for not having them.

I want to see if they get denied or hold indefinitely the permit until they get their wishes fulfilled.

Methinks I want to follow up on some Waterbury cases and investigate.

I wish I could think of a way for people having issues that don't go to CCDL meetings to notify me so I can assist them with all this BS. I'm finding too many people at gun shops having issues. I like to help, but man..... I think I'm going to make a web site devoted to permitting issues and this study.

Domain name ideas????

Jonathan
dL

I am an instructor and have asked my students to let me know of any problems they have at different departments. Waterbury still will not take the application without the letters of reference, at least as of about 2 months ago. In fact the woman behind the glass who takes the applications walked away and turned her back to my student and when he tried to ask her questions and she would not even look up at him, she just ignored him till he went away.

I am going to ask my students to pick up a copy af the application from their towns ahead of time and I will try to take copies for you. How about www.ctpermitproblems.com or www.ctpistolpermitissues.com

KIX

Thanx for the Waterbury notice.

May be time to register a complaint, but we need the actual permit holders that had issues (I think) to help make the complaint (at least it would help).

I like the domain name ideas. I might just use one of them.

As far as copies, please do. I think I have an older version of Waterbury that I'm working from at the moment.

I'm finding many have interesting notary issues (more since I last posted on the topic).

I'll inquire about how we can raise the issue about refusal to accept the paperwork at the next BFPE hearing. I sometimes engage in informal dialogue during break time and that might be a good time to present the issue.

Thanx for letting me know about this one, that is a serious issue indeed.

Jonathan

brk913

I have another issue as well, I cannot remember the department, I will have to go through my emails but they are telling applicants that they cannot get in for their fingerprtinting and "interview" until mid May, I think that's ridiculous but wht can be done about it? I told him to get all his paperwork together and submit it via registerd mail, I believe the 8 weeks starts the day they sign for it. I told him that at the 8 week point if he cannot get an answer he should file an immediate appeal to the board....I think it was Derby but don't hold me to that, I will find the email and verify the town.

Also, I am sure you know about this one, Hartford will not give out an applicaiton until person has taken the class, a clear violation of 29-28.

gluegun

Applications are not required to be submitted in person. I recommend submitting the application via Certified US Mail with Return Receipt Requested. Someone has to sign for the letter indicating it has been received and therefore accepted. Any refusal to process the application thereafter is grounds for immediate appeal.

gluegun

I have another issue as well, I cannot remember the department, I will have to go through my emails but they are telling applicants that they cannot get in for their fingerprtinting and "interview" until mid May, I think that's ridiculous but wht can be done about it? I told him to get all his paperwork together and submit it via registerd mail, I believe the 8 weeks starts the day they sign for it. I told him that at the 8 week point if he cannot get an answer he should file an immediate appeal to the board....I think it was Derby but don't hold me to that, I will find the email and verify the town.

Also, I am sure you know about this one, Hartford will not give out an applicaiton until person has taken the class, a clear violation of 29-28.
You do not have to go to the town of application to get your finger prints taken. You can go to ANY town willing to do finger prints. DPS does them for $15 I think, on the new electronic scanners.

Leverdude

Ok, I finally got to Norwalk KIX & have their aplication in hand.

if you PM me an adress I'll drop it in the mail to you. I tried scanning it so I could e-mail it but my computer skills are very limited. I do better with hammers & saws.

Doombunker

I know you are working on getting this on the new website, but can we have a list...

...of the towns you have right now? I'd like to knock down the western half of the state in the next month or so when I'm out for business.

Mike O.

KIX

Will do.

Let me do this:

I'm going to start a new thread titled "suitability study update ##/##/####" for the larger updates until the Wiki is up and running.

Also, because I need to appoint a few people to help out throughout the state with helping people through the permit process as well. The site has only been up for a week and a half or so and I'm already getting hits from people with a ton of questions.

All in all, that is a good thing that they have a source of information and help. I didn't think I'd get so many requests so fast without even having publicized the site anywhere but here and with friends (though I think the site is hitting well in google possibly).

I will indeed finish updating my spreadsheet and list the towns paperwork is needed.

Thanx for the post, I'll make some more updates (only have 24 hours in a day!!!!),

Jonathan