• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NW gun activists wonder if rights will be thrown under bus by Obama-Calderon

Dave Workman

Today’s White House meeting between Barack Obama and Felipe Calderon will reportedly focus on continued drug and gun trafficking along the U.S.-Mexico border, and alarmed Washington State gun rights activists are watching the Washington, D.C. activities closely, especially now that a congressman from neighboring Idaho is showing an interest in the controversy.
They are wondering if their rights will “take the fall” for what appears to be a growing scandal involving the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives gun sting operation known as “Project Gunrunner.”

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...day-s-obama-calderon-meet-idaho-rep-weighs-in

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/4ksv4dg

Dave Workman

March 3, 2011

TONIGHT ON THE "CBS EVENING NEWS WITH KATIE COURIC":

IN AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW, ATF AGENT RISKS JOB TO SPEAK ABOUT GUNRUNNING SCANDAL

Agent Tells CBS News: "The More Our Guys Buy, the More Violence We're Having Down Here"

Tonight on the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH KATIE COURIC (6:30 PM, ET), CBS News Investigative Correspondent Sharyl Attkisson will follow up on her February 23 report about a major scandal within the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). In an exclusive interview with Attkisson, a Phoenix-based ATF agent risks his job to describe the practice of letting guns "walk," and gives an insider's perspective about how the ATF knowingly contributed to the escalating violence in Mexico and American border states to that country.

Following are advance excerpts from tonight's broadcast.

On his bosses' denial of the gunrunning practice and going public:

ATF Agent: "I'm here boots on the ground in Phoenix, telling you we've been doing it every day since I've been here. Here I am. Tell me I didn't do the things that I did. Tell me you didn't order me to do the things I did. Tell me it didn't happen. Now you have a name on it, you have a face to put with it. Here I am. Someone now – tell me it didn't happen."

On role of ATF in violence in Mexico:

Sharyl Attkisson: "Did you feel that the ATF was partly to blame for the escalating violence in Mexico, and on the border:

Agent: "Yes ma'am. I even asked them if they could see the correlation between the two. The more our guys buy, the more violence we're having down there."

On finding two assault rifles at the murder scene of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, and hoping to help Terry's family:

Agent: "I felt guilty. I mean it's crushing. I don't know how to explain it."

Agent: "First of all, I'd tell them that I'm sorry. Second of all, I'd tell them I've done everything that I can for them to get the truth. After this, I don't know what else I can do. But I hope they get it."

Sharyl Attkisson's full report broadcasts tonight on the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH KATIE COURIC. Web exclusive elements will be available at www.cbsnews.com after 6:30 PM, ET tonight.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: CBS News to air 2nd ‘Project Gunwalker’ segment and Grassley writes Holder again - National gun rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...nd-grassley-writes-holder-again#ixzz1FZgY7kan

Dave_pro2a

I thought "the left has lost the gun control debate."

The WoD is a war on civil rights. The 2A will not get a free pass.