• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jealous of Wyoming

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
More appropriately called the constitutional carry bill. Wyoming becomes the fourth!

markm

Wyoming law excludes me!

Hello All,

I am also very jealous of Wyoming residents.

My wife and I, and some relatives, are going to Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and Bridger-Teton National Forest next summer. We will LOC. We will have bear spray as our first line of defense against ursus horribilis, if that does not work in a confrontaion that we will try to avoid, we will have at least one 44 magnum at the ready. There were 5 documented ursus horribilis attacks in the greater Yellowstone area, with two deaths, and more injured people. These incidents happened last year.

The Wyoming Law restricts Constitutional Carry to residents of Wyoming. In light of SCOTUS rulings, this section of the law may be unconstitutional.

On another note, Constitutional Carry is specifically codified as legal in 93% of Montana. In Montana's incorporated cities, a person must have a CCW, or OC.

Montana allows Constitutional Carry on 93% of its territory to citizens and legal aliens of the United States.

markm

Last edited:

markm

Citation:

I didn't know this. Do you happen to have a citation?

Hey Bigtoe,

Here it is (pertinent paragraph highlighted by me in red):

45-8-316. Carrying concealed weapons. (1) A person who carries or bears concealed upon the individual's person a dirk, dagger, pistol, revolver, slingshot, sword cane, billy, knuckles made of any metal or hard substance, knife having a blade 4 inches long or longer, razor, not including a safety razor, or other deadly weapon shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $500 or by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding 6 months, or both.
(2) A person who has previously been convicted of an offense, committed on a different occasion than the offense under this section, in this state or any other jurisdiction for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment in excess of 1 year could have been imposed and who carries or bears concealed upon the individual's person any of the weapons described in subsection (1) shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $1,000 or be imprisoned in the state prison for a period not exceeding 5 years, or both.

45-8-317. Exceptions. (1) Section 45-8-316 does not apply to:
(a) any peace officer of the state of Montana or of another state who has the power to make arrests;
(b) any officer of the United States government authorized to carry a concealed weapon;
(c) a person in actual service as a member of the national guard;
(d) a person summoned to the aid of any of the persons named in subsections (1)(a) through (1)(c);
(e) a civil officer or the officer's deputy engaged in the discharge of official business;
(f) a probation and parole officer authorized to carry a firearm under 46-23-1002;
(g) a person issued a permit under 45-8-321 or a person with a permit recognized under 45-8-329;
(h) an agent of the department of justice or a criminal investigator in a county attorney's office;
(i) a person who is outside the official boundaries of a city or town or the confines of a logging, lumbering, mining, or railroad camp or who is lawfully engaged in hunting, fishing, trapping, camping, hiking, backpacking, farming, ranching, or other outdoor activity in which weapons are often carried for recreation or protection; or
(j) the carrying of arms on one's own premises or at one's home or place of business.
(2) With regard to a person issued a permit under 45-8-321, the provisions of 45-8-328 do not apply to this section.

[SIZE=-1]History: En. Sec. 3, Ch. 74, L. 1919; re-en. Sec. 11304, R.C.M. 1921; re-en. Sec. 11304, R.C.M. 1935; Sec. 94-3527, R.C.M. 1947; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 63, L. 1969; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 54, L. 1971; redes. 94-8-212 by Sec. 29, Ch. 513, L. 1973; amd. Sec. 37, Ch. 359, L. 1977; R.C.M. 1947, 94-8-212; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 639, L. 1989; amd. Sec. 10, Ch. 759, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 195, Ch. 42, L. 1997; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 476, L. 1999. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]
lsd.gif
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]I have been on the Montana OCDO forum and have received confirmation of this law.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=-1]markm[/SIZE]​