• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our Neighbors to the East (Wyoming) got Constitutional Carry

JoeSparky

Centurion
Beware NON- residents of Wyoming.... THIS NEW STATUTE ONLY APPLIES TO WYOMING RESIDENTS!!!!!

According to the AP linked article Concealed carry without a permit ONLY legal for Wyoming residents after the July effective date. Residents of any other state will need a permit that is recognized by Wyoming to legally conceal! I have not read the specific bill to see any other particulars---- YET!

jpm84092

Congratulations to Wyoming Anyway - "warts and all"

Even with the prohibition on non-residents and the requirement that you be a legal resident of Wyoming for 6 months or more, it is still good news and if leveraged correctly, can put pressure on the UT legislature to follow suit. Besides, Wyoming residents can put pressure on their legislature to cure the "warts" on their Bill down the road. A good reason for doing so would be to promote Wyoming tourism among 2nd Amendment loving Citizens of neighboring States.

As an RV enthusiast, I will not go camping or be a tourist in any State that does not honor my UT permit (except for WI where I have family). As a 2nd Amendment lover, I vote with my dollars.

Concealed Carry Gun Law is evolving from "maybe issue" to "shall issue" to "Constitutional Carry". Every State that adopts Constitutional Carry puts pressure on the other "shall issue" States and even the "right denied" States of Illinois and Wisconsin.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Please don't misunderstand my previous comment--- it was only to make sure that little tidbit about being a Wyoming resident for this to have a direct result for most gun owners/carriers.

Agree completely about using ANY and ALL legal weapons to our benefit towards a goal of returning to GUN FREEDOM and a small constitutional based government instead of the monstrous behemoth we have NOW!

jpm84092

Please don't misunderstand my previous comment--- it was only to make sure that little tidbit about being a Wyoming resident for this to have a direct result for most gun owners/carriers.

Agree completely about using ANY and ALL legal weapons to our benefit towards a goal of returning to GUN FREEDOM and a small constitutional based government instead of the monstrous behemoth we have NOW!

+1 - Well said Joe.