• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

.22 ammo found outside Capitol

MKEgal

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/117342468.html

...41 rounds of .22-caliber ammunition were found Thursday morning scattered at several locations outside the Capitol...
Union attorney Peggy Lautenschlager suggested in court that the ammunition could have been planted by someone other than a protester.

Note Doyle's old pal is now schilling for the unions.
And why are they making a big deal out of this? There aren't any laws broken.

jpm84092

If it is the anti-gun activists who are planting the ammo to get the crowd nervous and further their anti-gun message, they must be on a minimal budget. Ammo is not cheap, but .22LR is cheaper than other ammo on a round for round basis. ($2.49 per box of 50 hollow point Winchester High Velocity at Cabela's this past weekend). We who love and respect the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution would not leave ammunition lying about. Such a thing would be irresponsible both fiscally and from a civic minded Citizen's point of view.

M

McX

i didnt do it! i bet it was RAK, and his new PMR30.

added on edit; it was little zombie dude!

Last edited:

VW_Factor

Even for .22, thats simply a waste of money for someone to ditch it.. 41 rounds? They missed 9 that some looney tossed out there.

Last edited:

Krusty

i was told that ruger made a 9 shot revolver at least that is what a guy at work said he had when he was younger

I'm not sure if Ruger made a 9 shot, But H&R (Harrington & Richardson) were well known for their 9 shot revolvers. I always wanted one of those when I was about 14 or 15.

The protesters left lots of other litter behind other than the .22 ammo. Not much news about that!

oliverclotheshoff

like i said it is secondhand knowledge and i dont know sqaut about revolvers except the fact that i want a S&W 500 i shot my buddies and i have been addicted to shootin it every time i go there

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
I don't find that particularly likely. If someone who had both a 9 shot .22 wheel gun, and a box of 50 .22 ammo, that ammo I don't think would have found its way strewn about around the capital.

I agree, most likely those last nine just haven't been found. Or they've been been ground into the dirt by someone's heel or in a snowbank.

LR Yote 312

Given the totality of circumstances this all adds up to a bunch of BS..... Looks like a liberal plant.

Exactly....

And not to mention a possible trap thats so ignorant nobody will fall for it.

"Oh, Look....Free Ammo..." Like its a one size fits all interchange,
that was meant to attract us like a group of gun carrying zombies.

On a more serious note:
I might support a stimulous package that passed out free ammo.

"Whadya mean I am only allowed 10,000 rds of 7.62 Nato ?? "

LR Yote