Thread: Optical open carry, and a hearty thank you!

Optical open carry, and a hearty thank you!

My wife's optometry practice is in the same building as my real estate office is. A few days ago a patient came in with a bag full of handguns, he was having problems sighting them in and wanted his eyes checked. He asked the doc if he could have the guns in her business and she laughed saying I was upstairs with a Glock on my hip right now. Well she called me down to meet her patient, and I spent a few minutes explaining how I open carry, and that I've been doing it daily for the last 5 months. I gave him my card and told him about wci and this forum. He thanked me repeatedly for having the guts to open carry and was looking forward to carrying himself when the law passes.

If anyone is looking for an eye exam where they can feel comfortable open carrying let me know. My wife welcomes it with open arms

Where is this place? I do need some new contacts...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gunguy2009 View Post
    Where is this place? I do need some new contacts...
    Eye Care Vision Center
    6412 W. North Ave
    Wauwatosa, 53213
    414-774-2020

I carried in the Eye Care Vision Center in Brookfield before. No one said anything and no one was frightened.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by BrewTownBagger View Post
    My wife's optometry practice is in the same building as my real estate office is. A few days ago a patient came in with a bag full of handguns, he was having problems sighting them in and wanted his eyes checked. He asked the doc if he could have the guns in her business and she laughed saying I was upstairs with a Glock on my hip right now. Well she called me down to meet her patient, and I spent a few minutes explaining how I open carry, and that I've been doing it daily for the last 5 months. I gave him my card and told him about wci and this forum. He thanked me repeatedly for having the guts to open carry and was looking forward to carrying himself when the law passes.

If anyone is looking for an eye exam where they can feel comfortable open carrying let me know. My wife welcomes it with open arms
    +1
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

very cool
    now you just need a gun store in your building.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I'm curious why he felt he needed to bring the guns along to get his eyes checked...
    But it's good to know another place isn't anti-rights.
    Y'know, now that I have a little bit of money, maybe I should get my eyes checked. It's been years.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I'm curious why he felt he needed to bring the guns along to get his eyes checked...
    Y'know, now that I have a little bit of money, maybe I should get my eyes checked. It's been years.
    LASIK is something I really need.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    LASIK is something I really need.
    I had lasik done about a year ago. I went from 20/800 (basically blind) to 20/15 both eyes. It is amazing.

Very cool. A bit to far to drive but I will recomend it to some friends.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    MY eye doc is a bullseye shooter and recommended thast I bring in a representative sample of what I shoot so he can take a look at the possible need to adjust the prescription based on sight radius and the difference between top dead center/left-right center and my actual hold position. Did you ever stand aiming at the x-ring while peering through those rotating lens goggles trying to decide if #1 or #2 was better? I have!

For those who are serious about their shooting, different prescriptions for different sets of sight radius/target distance makes enough sense to warrant the expense. For the casual shooter it may just be a question of tweaking the standard prescription to make "just enough" improvement in how/what you see through the lenses.

Now if only they could figure out how to do that for someone who only needs glasses for reading. (And no, bifocals with plain glass for the large part of the lens does not work. Tried it. Tilting my head up to get the reading portion of the lens throws everything off as well as restricting my field of view.)

stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by BrewTownBagger View Post
    Eye Care Vision Center
    6412 W. North Ave
    Wauwatosa, 53213
    414-774-2020
    My son is an Optician in MKE and looking for a new job ? any help with that ?

Mike
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    For those who are serious about their shooting, different prescriptions for different sets of sight radius/target distance makes enough sense to warrant the expense. For the casual shooter it may just be a question of tweaking the standard prescription to make "just enough" improvement in how/what you see through the lenses.

A while back I had my optician "fix" a prescription for me for shooting a handgun. To do that, I brought in one of pistols and he worked up a prescription that allowed me to clearly see the front sight. The diopter was tweaked for about 26" and those glasses helped me shoot better. After I learned how I was shooting, I could easily transfer the sight picture to my normal prescription eye glasses. An added benefit was that the 26" was also the distance to my computer screen, so not only did those glasses help me shoot better, they also helped my neck from hurting because I didn't have to cock my head at a funny angles trying to look through bifocals. That special pair was well worth the cost.