Thread: Does WI have a Castle Doctrine??

Does WI have a Castle Doctrine??

What kind of Castle Doctrine does WI have? If any....

No. We have a go hide in the corner and wait for the cops to get there doctrine.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Sometimes we must wait for perfection.

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 03-04-2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: sarcasm is your friend
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

not yet. almost about 4 years ago but the dems killed it.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I heard State Representative Dean Kaufert introduced a castle doctrine bill in early January. I believe the bill might be LRB 0392 but I haven't had a chance to confirm.
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

Regular Member protect our rights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunguy2009 View Post
    What kind of Castle Doctrine does WI have? If any....
    Nope, you guys have yet to get the "Privilege" of protecting yourself and family in your own home.
    Last edited by protect our rights; 03-04-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" - George Washington

McX
    so i guess we have the 'cower in your castle doctrine'.

added on edit; when i'm home i keep the .45 on top the fridge, when i head to bed at 8pm (hey man, i'm old, we do that kind of thing), i put it on top my Bible, on the stand next to my bed. so far God hasnt complained.
    Last edited by McX; 03-04-2011 at 08:46 AM.

We do not.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Outdoorsman1

Pester the legislators to write a Castle Doctrine that extends to your automobile -AND - "no duty to retreat from a place you may lawfully be" law. The wording of such laws may be found on the Utah Department of Public Safety Website. See link:

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/doc...TC01032011.pdf

This is also the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Course materials.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    "no duty to retreat from a place you may lawfully be" law.
    I think that is covered in Beard V U.S. which you can read if you click on the "My Castle Doctrine Law" in my sig. I know there are some places that require you to retreat, even in your home IIRC, but I would think a Supreme Court ruling would trump any state/local laws requiring you to retreat. If I'm wrong on this fell free to chime in.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    so i guess we have the 'cower in your castle doctrine'.

added on edit; when i'm home i keep the .45 on top the fridge, when i head to bed at 8pm (hey man, i'm old, we do that kind of thing), i put it on top my Bible, on the stand next to my bed. so far God hasnt complained.
    When I got to bed I put the Glock on top of the Clock Radio, the Base ball bat is next to the bed room door.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Pester the legislators to write a Castle Doctrine that extends to your automobile -AND - "no duty to retreat from a place you may lawfully be" law. The wording of such laws may be found on the Utah Department of Public Safety Website. See link:

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/doc...TC01032011.pdf

This is also the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Course materials.
    We could also do FL's stand your ground.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

There is no "Castle doctrine" in Wisconsin. One can "stand the ground" however, and it applies to being anywhere you are lawfully present. There is no legal obligation to retreat in Wisconsin, however the courts have ruled that if a person uses force in opposition to an unlawful interference with their person, the opportunity to retreat can be considered by a jury to weigh whether the amount of force used was justifiable. Of course that is only one of a number of factors that they will consider when determining whether the amount of force was appropriate.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Regular Member protect our rights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    There is no "Castle doctrine" in Wisconsin. One can "stand the ground" however, and it applies to being anywhere you are lawfully present. There is no legal obligation to retreat in Wisconsin, however the courts have ruled that if a person uses force in opposition to an unlawful interference with their person, the opportunity to retreat can be considered by a jury to weigh whether the amount of force used was justifiable. Of course that is only one of a number of factors that they will consider when determining whether the amount of force was appropriate.

They still need to change it. If some BG is willing to commit a felony and break into your house while you and your family sleep, then you should have the right to let him know that you will not be a victim. If you were to run and he somehow hurt one of your family members, people would have to live with that. Law or no law someone breaks into my house they are getting the force needed to stop them dead in their tracks, no pun intended.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" - George Washington

I guess I have never understood why a federal castle doctrine was never passed. It seems pretty cut and dried to me, all they would have to say is "If you get killed while commiting a crime, consider it an occupational hazard."

Exclamation

We do need a Castle Doctrine in Wisconsin. I was almost arrested a few years back for pointing my SG at an intruder in my home. The detective told me I broke the law. Right. I asked him what he would have done. He told me "We will just let it go at that" and never mentioned it again. (Since he is a police officer he could use his gun without fear of being arrested....nice double standard). That was the last time I talked to the police and I never will again.