• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new service we offer:

Outdoorsman1

oldschool

That why I get all my service work done at Mechanix LTD
They all ways go that extra step!!!

New member here...just wanted ot say hello and intorduce myself...decided to do it here because of some posts from Racine and Kenosha people..

I was born and rasied in Racine and recently moved to Silver Lake (Kenosha County). I still work in Racine and am there Mon. - Fri. 8 to 5....

It is nice to see some people here that close...

I will be in Delavan (Starbucks) on Sunday..hope to meet new friends there...

See ya in Delavan

Outdoorsman1

Welcome.
The Delavan meet and greet is always a good time with the added benefit of be held in a city where the police actually get it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8795iZk-0

Last edited:

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Wow, I did not know about this one... I will try and be there.....where in Kanasville in it..??? I drive through on my way home from work... I know where the "Hogs Nest" is...
So are we talking north of Hwy 11...???

Lizzy's is on the NE corner of 11 and 75, north of Hogs Nest. It's in a little strip mall, can't miss it.

MKEgal

a mechanic doing an oil change on his car in October discovered the device stuck with magnets between his right rear wheel and exhaust. They weren't sure what it was, but Afifi had the mechanic remove it and a friend posted photos of it online to see whether anyone could identify it. Two days later, Afifi says, agents wearing bullet-proof vests pulled him over as he drove away from his apartment in San Jose, Calif., and demanded their property back.
How dumb can they get?
I mean, first they bug his car illegally, then they admit that it's their property, then they threaten him to get it back.

The federal appeals court in the Washington circuit where Afifi's case was filed ruled in August that the collection of GPS data amounts to a government "search" that required a warrant.
YEA!! A court standing up to the feds!

The Obama administration asked the court to change its ruling, calling the decision "vague and unworkable" and arguing that investigators will lose access to a tool they now use "with great frequency."
I see nothing vague about the ruling. If they want to put a GPS tracker (or presumably any other sort of tracker) on someone's car, they have to get a warrant. Period. Simple.
As for the current frequency of use, that's scary, esp. if it's without a warrant.

The lawsuit says the agents who showed up to collect the device were "hostile," threatening to charge Afifi if he didn't immediately cooperate and refusing his request to have a lawyer present.
I can't see this happening, no... none of us have ever seen or heard examples of law enforcement overstepping their authority, have we? Or being hostile or intimidating?
(yes, that's sarcasm)

I think if I found something like that, I'd put it on a bus or a cab or a garbage truck or drive to some random church or sports venue or bar (or airport?) & tag a car there. Maybe even a cop car. The Chief of Police? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Have Gun - Will Carry

So FBI agents showed up and

demanded their property back.

I'd say, "Oh, you mean that device you illegally placed on my vehicle without a warrant, in order to track my location and movement in violation of the Fourth Amendment? Sorry, don't know what you're talking about - I never saw any such device." and watch their faces turn purple!

Of course, by that time it would have already been disassembled and deactivated. My neighbor would love to have the components for his electronics hobby.