Thread: The FIRST REAL GUN GRAB???

The FIRST REAL GUN GRAB???

follow this link posted in the news and politics forum.

Man attacked while OC?

its been almost 12 hours since my last post, and eye95 only posted once! weird!
    i thought their would be a lot more attention payed to this news!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Ahh it was bound to happen some time. I didn't read a whole lot of posts on the link but it sounds like the gun FELL OUT of the holster???

Anyhow, like always, situational awareness is definitely key. But no one can be 100% all the time, and sometimes sh#% just happens. Open carry isn't perfect.

Wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife725 View Post
    Ahh it was bound to happen some time. I didn't read a whole lot of posts on the link but it sounds like the gun FELL OUT of the holster???

Anyhow, like always, situational awareness is definitely key. But no one can be 100% all the time, and sometimes sh#% just happens. Open carry isn't perfect.
    IT WAS A GUN GRAB attempt!!! why would anyone be surprised, the gun came out???

you dont have time to read 17 posts about the VERY first documented GUN grab EVER!!!

im really surprised their arent 117! posts!!!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 03-05-2011 at 01:33 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

There isn't much to be said about the whole incident, that's why there aren't that many posts on the other thread. Crazy man walks in and says he's a DEA agent and is going to arrest Garcia, Garcia lets him get too close, fight ensues, gun falls out of its holster, customer gets the gun and brings it to the manager's office.

What to learn? Situational awareness, recognizing when to start using force, having a backup weapon (weak-side fixed blade, spring-assist, wave blade or a BUG), and having the training on weapons retention. But this is all stuff that have been discussed before...this incident didn't just suddenly make us all realize it.

Why is there not more post then you would have expected on this topic? Likely this is not the first nor the last gun grab (not the Katrina Type) per say.

This happens more often then we know I believe it is just not reported, although we have heard that a criminal either has or attempted to take an officers weapon ie Gun Grab.

As stated before what does one really need to learn from this, retention holster, situational awareness, seating position, recognizing a threat and responding.

Someone going after you gun! is that not a threat to your life?
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

I can't imagine gun grabs are too rare since a lot of cons practice gun grabbing in prison. It's just one of those neat skills they teach you when you're being "rehabilitated". We all just need to make sure to be aware and know how to stop a person grabbing your gun.
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Quote Originally Posted by xxx.jakk.xxx View Post
    I can't imagine gun grabs are too rare since a lot of cons practice gun grabbing in prison. It's just one of those neat skills they teach you when you're being "rehabilitated". We all just need to make sure to be aware and know how to stop a person grabbing your gun.
    That's what my BUG is for....
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    That's what my BUG is for....
    Maybe they'll count on that and do a BUG grab, too. xD
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Maybe they'll count on that and do a BUG grab, too. xD
    Hence my close combat knife....
    Live Free or Die!

Hence my combatives, knifing, and gun retention training.
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?

I can't imagine gun grabs are too rare since a lot of cons practice gun grabbing in prison. It's just one of those neat skills they teach you when you're being "rehabilitated".
    Cite? Something that isn't on HBO?

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Cite? Something that isn't on HBO?
    Really, I have to cite this... Well, it's in no laws and I've never been to prison, so I guess it never happens. I'm sorry to make such an assumption and I hope you will forgive me.

Molōn labe!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    What!? Where did you hear such a thing? I was employed in the "system" for a number of years and never saw any such - also it is not like they have the tools with which to train..... and the practice of martial arts is not allowed by most such departments for the "guests."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Ok guys, I'm very sorry. I have been misinformed at some point in time and I am very sorry for thinking it to be true. Apparently cons never do training that guards don't see on techniques to take the guard's weapons or hurt the guards. Thank you for correcting me. =]

Molōn labe!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Ok guys, I'm very sorry. I have been misinformed at some point in time and I am very sorry for thinking it to be true. Apparently cons never do training that guards don't see on techniques to take the guard's weapons or hurt the guards. Thank you for correcting me. =]
    Easy there, calm down.

First you go from "since a lot of cons practice gun grabbing in prison" to now saying "never". You sort of destroy your own validity with such sarcasm and extreme unsubstantiated opinions.

Your original contention was not general, but specific to a lot of inmates practicing gun grabs in prison. A few, occasionally, maybe. A lot, large numbers, frequently - nope!
    Those in "country club" environments don't want to loose their privileges. Those in hard lock units have not the unobserved physical opportunity.

Please demonstrate to me that what you have heard/imagined is more accurate than what I have lived. Could it be that that you know someone who as been a resident guest of the state - now there is a reliable source of truth, oh yah right.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Really, I have to cite this... Well, it's in no laws and I've never been to prison, so I guess it never happens. I'm sorry to make such an assumption and I hope you will forgive me.
    Forgive? Always! But first some ribbing. A little more research might be in order before you make a statement that ends up giving you this condition

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"