• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Presidental Disapointments

Makarov

Besides many of the administrations short comings on department appointees, the latest actions are really disturbing. Our president is a suck up! (Appeaser)

FOX NEWS REPORTS..."President Obama on Thursday appeared to reject the idea of arming U.S. agents in Mexico, saying after a meeting with Mexican President Felipe Calderon that the two governments will look at other ways to protect American officials in the wake of a fatal shooting last month.

"There are laws in place in Mexico that say that our agents should not be armed," Obama said, describing the U.S. role south of the border as an "advisory" one. "We do not carry out law enforcement activities inside of Mexico."

The president's statement answers speculation about how far the administration would go in reforming safety measures in response to the killing three weeks ago of Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent Jaime Zapata in Mexico. The shooting death raised questions in the U.S. about Mexico's ability to control violence but U.S. officials earlier wouldn't say whether Obama would press the Mexican leader to allow U.S. agents to be armed.

Coming out of the meeting Thursday afternoon, both presidents stressed that U.S. agents cannot be armed. Obama said he was nevertheless concerned about the safety of agents and that they would examine "procedures and protocols" for how to better protect them. "

That’s the official announcement. Our agents are unable to defend themselves because Obama supports Mexico's anti gun laws. If I was the president I would have said: Either our agents are armed or our support for you endeavored against the drug lords stop, and our border is closed until further notice.

sudden valley gunner

I might be at odds with many I happen to agree we shouldn't have our civilian LEO, armed and enforcing things in another country. I would actually like to see de-militarization of much of our LEA's in this country.

Now I am absolutely sure we have a lot of ranchers that would happily let them camp out armed on their land.

Last edited:

Makarov

Arm our LEOs in Mexico

The purpose of arming our LEOs that travel to Mexico is not to enforce Mexican law or even our law, its so they can defend themselves. Hell the Mexican Army cross into America armed, why not arm our LEOs.

I might be at odds with many I happen to agree we shouldn't have our civilian LEO, armed and enforcing things in another country. I would actually like to see demilitarization of much of our LEO's in this country.

Now I am absolutely sure we have a lot of ranchers that would happily let them camp out armed on their land.

Last edited by a moderator:

HandyHamlet

There is no reason for us to be in Mexico. Period.

Dissolve the Justice Dept and the AFT.

Legalize weed.

Seal the border.

The end.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Seriously. You wanna fight drug cartels?

Don't use our pitiful, pathetic joke of a government, which is ineffective at doing anything except wasting money and employing ever-increasing quantities of useless public "servants" to meddle in trivial daily affairs of the citizenry.

Legalizing marijuana will hurt the cartels more than our ridiculous government could ever hope to in a million years.

In fact, our refusal to do so makes me wonder exactly how much cartel money ends up in Washington.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

I'm guessing 70/30 in Washington's favor. After all, they have to supply the guns and the smoke screens.

:cry:

Last edited:

rotorhead

"There are laws in place in Mexico that say that our agents should not be armed," Obama said, describing the U.S. role south of the border as an "advisory" one. "We do not carry out law enforcement activities inside of Mexico."

There should be a law in place in the US that says our agents shouldn't be in Mexico.

sudden valley gunner

The purpose of arming our LEOs that travel to Mexico is not to enforce Mexican law or even our law, its so they can defend themselves. Hell the Mexican Army cross into america armed, why not arm our LEOs.

Than they shouldn't be there unless it's a personal vacation, either way it's Mexico's law they shouldn't be armed if we can't be armed while there.

Oh and I think the Mexican Army shouldn't be allowed on our side of the border either.

Better yet get rid of Unconstitutional Drug laws and most of this border violence will disappear.

Makarov

Reality

That’s a great point; legalizing the drugs and taxing them would clear up some of the problems but there is a lot more going on across the border than you think. Human smuggling, prostitution, money transfers…the list goes on. It’s all related, but separate. Heck, you hear about it in the news daily unless you live under a rock! To combat it you must cross borders and work together and if anyone had to perform operations in Mexico, even as an adviser, you still need to defend yourself. It’s your god given right!

Sure I understand that we shouldn't be in Mexico; but that’s not reality. There are some great people assigned to law enforcement, border patrol, ICE, and the ATF. Let’s not classify them as lousy government employees. Stereotyping the bunch won’t solve the problem. Sure, sometimes I'm disappointed in LEO’s actions and that’s a lot, especially in Ohio, but I also know cops that feel the same way we do. I also know government employees that work their butts off protecting this country, the flag, and our butts.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
That’s a great point; legalizing the drugs and taxing them would clear up some of the problems but there is a lot more going on across the border than you think. Human smuggling, prostitution, money transfers…the list goes on. It’s all related, but separate. Heck, you hear about it in the news daily unless you live under a rock!

Legalized prostitution would cut back on the market for sex slavery.

No more illicit marijuana flowing across the border means you've cut back the total illicit traffic by a huge percentage (I don't know exactly what), freeing up resources to actually focus on real crime, like human trafficking.

protect our rights

Law or no law, If I was an agent in Mexico you can be damn sure I'd have an AR15 fully, an a side arm backup. The whole southern half of this country that borders Mexico should have a wall quarter mile high, quarter mile deep. Armed turrets trained to shoot anything that move between a quarter mile buffer zone. But when it comes to Mexico, I'm an extremist so probably a little biased on the subject.