• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My latest article covers the discussion of Michigan's brandishing statute

PDinDetroit

I guess the following was missed from their Legal Opinion..

MCL 28.422 said:
License to purchase, carry, possess, or transport pistol; issuance; qualifications; applications; sale of pistol; exemptions; nonresidents; basic pistol safety brochure; forging application; implementation during business hours.

Sec. 2.

(1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, a person shall not purchase, carry, possess, or transport a pistol in this state without first having obtained a license for the pistol as prescribed in this section.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-422

Once you have gone to the Police Department for a License To Purchase/Pistol Purchase Permit (RI-010) or you have a Concealed Pistol License (CPL), you may carry your pistol openly.

ETA - John, please feel free to update your article with this information.

Last edited:

eastmeyers

Thank you John!

Great Work!

largedancingbanana.gif

Last edited:

67390FE

Nicely done! However, it will never pass muster. You based your offering on fact, law, and reason instead of fear, prejudice, and closed-mindedness. Again, well done!