• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC dinner/lunch welcome younger opens carriers?

Patriot2A

I'm 18 years old from Orange, Va. I open carry and am on the verge of getting my girlfriend (also 18), to open carry. I would love to attend some of these open carry dinners with (or without) the old lady :p.

Would this be okay with the many of you who set these sorts of things up? I only ask because I'm not sure how many stories/experience we have to share or contribute, thus being left there at the table in an "awkward silence"

Answers?

Thanks, Jack.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
If you call 18 an old lady I don't know what you think about us old guys, :cuss:

Just kidding, but the meet and eats I've been to we have all ages. When you see one you can attend show up. You'll find good company and conversation, may even learn something you young wipper snapper.

:D

wylde007

More than one I have attended where younger (under 21) citizens who are precluded by law from even obtaining a permit have also been.

I re-read that three times and it still sounds like it was put together with those "thoughtful" refrigerator magnets...

45acpForMe

lol... silence.
You can't ever get some people to shut up! :lol:

Hey I resemble that remark!

Keep your eye out for a Charlottsville, Richmond, Culpepper dinner. I have seen a few a month in Richmond but the others may be closer to you.

Anyone can schedule a dinner, just pick a place, time (usually 7pm to allow people to travel after work) and post a thread. If people are available they usually come. We have had dinners as small as 4 people to over 100 depending on the place, time and cause. I think the Richmond Fuddruckers (going out of business) dinner was around 115 but I wasn't there so I don't remember what I read in the posts.

Most OC dinners have a range in age. Not everyone has to or does OC (including my 12 year old daughter) but the people are usually pretty nice and fun to talk to. Guns and gun rights are a big topic of discussion but we have had discussions on just about anything I can think of too.

If you do schedule a dinner you might call the restaurant to see if they take reservations and can seat a larger party together. We have found a few restaurants that can or have a back room that can be reserved and works well. DO NOT ASK IF THEY ALLOW OC. Unless you already know that they are anti, just show up and usually the manager is happy to see 10-30 hungry customers walking in. Worst case they deny your business and you can seek a secondary restaurant. Best case, people learn about their 2A rights.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gone, gonna be the new Buz & Neds BBQ...RIP Fuddruckers.

Re Buz & Neds; that "coming soon" sign has been up for almost a year and work stopped on the interior 7-8 months ago - just bare concrete floor all cut up inside. I've given up waiting. :(

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Even some of us that are a little over 21:uhoh:

never got out of our 1st childhood. Come to a dinner and you'll feel right at home.

There's one coming up in Richmond next Tuesday.

curtiswr

Re Buz & Neds; that "coming soon" sign has been up for almost a year and work stopped on the interior 7-8 months ago - just bare concrete floor all cut up inside. I've given up waiting. :(

The Boulevard location SUCKS with regards to size and seating capacity... but they have some good food.

If it ever opens up at the old Fuddruckers spot then that'd be perfect for an OC dinner.