• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Meet & Greet in Lima, Ohio Saturday 3/5/11

Just One Shot

Just a note for those who may be in the area and would be interested in joining some fellow gun enthusiast to show support for our gun rights and get to know each other.

The location and address for your GPS is:

Happy Daz
1064 Bellefontaine Ave.
Lima, Ohio 45804

(4:30 pm after the Tri-State gun show at the Allen Co. Fairfrounds.)

Last edited:

Just One Shot

So, how'd this event turn out?

All went well. We had 7 who OC'd and about the same number of family members who didn't. No problems encountered and I got to meet some nice people. Plus, the food was reasonably priced and tasted pretty good.

We are going to do it again on Sat. 4/2/11 after the gun show, same place, same time. Hope to see more people participate. This may become a regular event during the gun show season if they get enough response.

Happy Daz
1064 Bellefontaine Ave.
Lima, Ohio 45804

(Sat. 4/2/11 4:30 pm after the Tri-State gun show at the Allen Co. Fairfrounds.) .

Last edited:

w8new

Wish we could have made it Saturday. With a months notice it will be easier to plan for next time.

It's good to hear that you had a decent turnout this time. I'm also glad to hear that Happy Daz is 2A friendly enough to have no problem with OC. :D

Just One Shot

Wish we could have made it Saturday. With a months notice it will be easier to plan for next time.

It's good to hear that you had a decent turnout this time. I'm also glad to hear that Happy Daz is 2A friendly enough to have no problem with OC. :D
The funny thing was when one of the OCers went to the counter to get something, he decided to ask the young guy at the register what he thought when his boss told him there were going to be people coming in who would be carrying guns.

The kid just gave him a blank stare so he pointed at the full size XD on his hip and said, didn't you see this? That's what this thing is all about. The kid got a little wide eyed :eek: but he didn't panic. To his credit, he just went on about his business after realizing what he had missed.

We all got a little laugh out of it because we had all been there for some time and everyone was carrying when we ordered. They even delivered our food to the tables for us yet they didn't notice the nickle plated 1911, the limited edition Sig or any of the other full size handguns that were in the room.

There were some other patrons there who kept looking in our direction yet they didn't say anything. I guess they didn't think we were much of a threat since we were all sitting around calmly talking and laughing from time to time. Having family members present (wifes and children) probably didn't hurt much either.

Hopefully, all the future events will go as smoothly as this one did.
:banana: