Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Illinois Beat Wisconsin to Concealed Carry?

Exclamation Will Illinois Beat Wisconsin to Concealed Carry?

Concealed carry Bill introduced in Illinois:

See attached link:

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/...law-800436138/
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

lol
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 03-04-2011 at 10:39 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Rohm Emmanuel won the Election so Ill will have a VERY anti gun Liberal democrat ,Obama worshipper as Governor....I doubt he will sign ANY ccw Bill into law.

--Moderator deleted personal attack--
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Rohm Emmanuel won the Election so Ill will have a VERY anti gun Liberal democrat ,Obama worshipper as Governor....I doubt he will sign ANY ccw Bill into law.
    Umm he won the election for Mayor of Chicago, dude.
    Last edited by 1FASTC4; 03-04-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTC4 View Post
    Umm he won the election for Mayor of Chicago, dude.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    ummmm yeah ooops .... but as Chicago goes so does the rest of Ill. Governor Pat Quinn is NOT a supporter of Gun Rights, Just like Chicago's Mayor..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    http://www.personalliberty.com/news/...rnor-19919569/

Gun Control Group Endorses Pat Quinn For Illinois Governor

August 9, 2010 by Personal Liberty News Desk

Gun control group endorses Pat Quinn for Illinois governor Still lagging in the polls, Democratic Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has picked up an endorsement from a radical gun control organization.

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence (BCPGV) is lending its support in recognition of Quinn’s tougher stance on the issue than that of his Republican opponent, State Senator Bill Brady, according to The Associated Press (AP).

“[The Republican candidate] is someone who is taking the attitude that more guns in more places is somehow going to make us safer. That makes no sense at all," said Paul Helmke, president of the Washington, D.C.-based organization, quoted by the news provider.

In response to the announcement, the Illinois State Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (ISRA-PVF) released a statement listing six ways in which Quinn wants to restrict access to guns, including his support for complex regulations that would make it difficult for legitimate firearm retailers to stay in business.

“Pat Quinn’s acceptance of the BCPGV’s endorsement demonstrates that he cannot resist latching on to the radical fringe whenever it comes his way,” said ISRA-PVF spokesman Richard Pearson.

He added that in view of the recent Supreme Court decisions in the Heller and McDonald cases, it is clear that the incumbent’s opinions are “out of touch with the intent of our constitution.”ADNFCR-1961-ID-19919569-ADNFCR
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

The king is dead, love live the king
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

I'll have to contact my reps again to make sure we are able to get Constitutional Carry before IL has a means to carry.

I mean, how can such a liberal state get conceal carry before we do?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

It's a disgrace...

Illinois actually is working towards a 3/5's super-majority supporting right to carry (though licensed, it's the best they can do when they have that kind of requirement, given the veto override and home rule override majorities are the same thing). The Wisconsin Legislature has ZERO excuse to not pass this bill. Even if the Senate is dead in the water (which is not true, they can still pass non-budget bills), the Assembly is in full session and not having quorum problems. Their committees are still in session (Judiciary != Budget) and they can get this done.

Making people wait until January to carry is outrageous. No more excuses about "the budget". Pass constitutional carry NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
    Illinois actually is working towards a 3/5's super-majority supporting right to carry (though licensed, it's the best they can do when they have that kind of requirement, given the veto override and home rule override majorities are the same thing). The Wisconsin Legislature has ZERO excuse to not pass this bill. Even if the Senate is dead in the water (which is not true, they can still pass non-budget bills), the Assembly is in full session and not having quorum problems. Their committees are still in session (Judiciary != Budget) and they can get this done.

Making people wait until January to carry is outrageous. No more excuses about "the budget". Pass constitutional carry NOW!
    Constitutional Carry will have zero impact on the budget, so it could be passed now. A permit system would require fees, which is a budget item. I mean, the dems somehow got voter ID to be a budget item, imagine the stink they'd make for a permit system?

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

starting to think the dems might have had the right idea time to leave the state although i will be going to a better state than IL if i do leave

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Concealed carry Bill introduced in Illinois:

See attached link:

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/...law-800436138/
    Not with the daily machine running the state house and that dick quinn as governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Not with the daily machine running the state house and that dick quinn as governor.
    +1
    Expect a veto if it ever reaches Quinn's desk.. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTC4 View Post
    +1
    Expect a veto if it ever reaches Quinn's desk.. IMHO
    That might be difficult if it passes with a 3/5's super-majority. Downstate dems are in trouble due to the whole income tax increase situation and basically shall-issue RTC is the only thing that can overcome the political blowback come 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post

The Daley machine is dead. Daley had a "gun violence" press conference and all the Chicago press wanted to ask about was the Mayor election. He got so angry and pissed off that he stormed off the stage and acted like an ***.

Where's the pushback against Senator Fitzgerald? Where's the pushback against the Assembly? The Assembly can get this passed immediately. Where's the House Speaker on this?

That might be difficult if it passes with a 3/5's super-majority. Downstate dems are in trouble due to the whole income tax increase situation and basically shall-issue RTC is the only thing that can overcome the political blowback come 2012.

The Daley machine is dead. Daley had a "gun violence" press conference and all the Chicago press wanted to ask about was the Mayor election. He got so angry and pissed off that he stormed off the stage and acted like an ***.

Where's the pushback against Senator Fitzgerald? Where's the pushback against the Assembly? The Assembly can get this passed immediately. Where's the House Speaker on this?
    It's not dead simply because his hand picked boot lickers are in office from Cook County. If democraps downstate support it, DuPage and other GOP strongholds will, you may get the veto proof. I certainly hope so, being born and raised in IL.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    How can they "make a stink" if they are not present.
    Because they'll be saying it from IL, like they have been for the budget repair bill.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Illinois-lawmakers-to--117570909.html

Conceal and carry before Illinois lawmakers Tuesday
    KMOV St. Louis Tue, 08 Mar 2011 04:43 AM PST
    (KMOV)Â Illnois lawmakers will take another look at the conceal and carry law Tuesday in Springfield. Legislators will hear arguments on both side of the issue. Illinois is currently one of only two states that don't allow people to carry concealed guns in public (the other, Wisconsin, allows ``open carry''). Click here to read the bill.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Illin...117570909.html
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 03-09-2011 at 09:48 AM.

I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

& its out of a committee (& Wisconsin's isn't even in a committee)

http://www.bnd.com/2011/03/09/162235...arry-gets.html

Second comment talks about it being a privilege. Maybe in Illinois, home of the Joyce Foundation, not in Wisconsin.
    Last edited by Flipper; 03-09-2011 at 04:29 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs down Such a deal....

Let's see;
    For the "privilege " of carrying concealed for three years in Illinois, the cost is:

• Training costs
    • Fingerprinting cost
    • Color photo cost
    • Travel expenses for above
    • $100 permit

After three years the permit fee drops to $75....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Let's see;
    For the "privilege " of carrying concealed for three years in Illinois, the cost is:

• Training costs
    • Fingerprinting cost
    • Color photo cost
    • Travel expenses for above
    • $100 permit

After three years the permit fee drops to $75....
    Versus no carry at all, it's a godsend for those in that state who have been unable to lawfully carry in any form in that state in decades. Remember, Wisconsin has had open carry for the last 135 years. Illinois has had nothing. You need to also look at the limitations of the Illinois State constitution. If there isn't the votes for constitution carry, there isn't the votes for constitution carry. Illinois situation is not Wisconsin's.

The Illinois lawmakers seem more interested in actually fixing the problem of carry in some manner, versus Wisconsin lawmakers, who seemed more interested in causing a bunch of drama first before taking on "social issues". Mark my words: You folks will still have CCW banned in January 1st, 2012, you will have a Democratic Senate, and Governor Walker and the Lt. Governor will be recalled and replaced with Tom Barrett. Count on it.

[ Mark my words: You folks will still have CCW banned in January 1st, 2012, you will have a Democratic Senate, and Governor Walker and the Lt. Governor will be recalled and replaced with Tom Barrett. Count on it.[/QUOTE]

I hope they will pass CCW and in the books before January 1, but I think you are right about Governor Walker and friends.

Mark my words: You folks will still have CCW banned in January 1st, 2012, you will have a Democratic Senate, and Governor Walker and the Lt. Governor will be recalled and replaced with Tom Barrett. Count on it.
    Wrong.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

The Illinois lawmakers seem more interested in actually fixing the problem of carry in some manner....
    Illinois lawmakers are interested in fixing one problem. And that is where and how they are going to steal the only thing left to steal. The revenue generated from the new income tax increase (and from the 460 or so licensing funds if there is anything left).

The State has been picked clean and bankrupt for several years. That's a BIG problem for elected thieves with only three or four double secret pensions.

The only way IL gets any kind of a carry law is if they think it will generate a fund large enough to steal.

The Fiscal Year 2011 budget brings no new revenue to the state, nor does it pay outstanding and piling bills or makes an attempt to solve our pension crisis. It relies on heavy borrowing and fund raids, and it has been already estimated to leave the state in the red by $10 billion at the start of the fiscal year. It makes as much sense as using a credit card, or a line of credit, to pay a utility bill.
    http://www.thestreet.com/story/10769...cial-hole.html
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 03-10-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Illinois lawmakers are interested in fixing one problem. And that is where and how they are going to steal the only thing left to steal. The revenue generated from the new income tax increase (and from the 460 or so licensing funds if there is anything left).

The State has been picked clean and bankrupt for several years. That's a BIG problem for elected thieves with only three or four double secret pensions.

The only way IL gets any kind of a carry law is if they think it will generate a fund large enough to steal.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10769...cial-hole.html
    There's only one issue that I care about, and it's guns. The rest of the political issues like pensions, collective bargaining, and tax issues, don't change one underlying fact: Neither myself nor anyone who lives in Illinois (outside of Aldermen and cops) can carry outside of the home in the most violent city in the midwest (Chicago).

Wisconsin has what Illinois does not, which is supposedly a really pro-gun Governor and Legislature. Illinois does not have the governor, they have a pro-carry legislature, but the veto level and the "home rule override" level is at 3/5's rather than majority. They do not have the majority votes for no permit carry, Wisconsin supposedly does, but they refuse because they're more interested in other things than saving lives.

Gun owners, especially activists such as us, should not give the Wisconsin Legislature and Governor a pass because they're doing something else unrelated to guns that some of us like. What the Wisconsin Legislature is doing right now does not put immediately allow people to defend themselves under Artice 1 Section 25 of the state constitution. They wasted valuable time while people can't carry in Wisconsin to defend themselves against violent attack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast