• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will Illinois Beat Wisconsin to Concealed Carry?

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Let's see;
For the "privilege " of carrying concealed for three years in Illinois, the cost is:

• Training costs
  • Fingerprinting cost
  • Color photo cost
  • Travel expenses for above
  • $100 permit
After three years the permit fee drops to $75....

Versus no carry at all, it's a godsend for those in that state who have been unable to lawfully carry in any form in that state in decades. Remember, Wisconsin has had open carry for the last 135 years. Illinois has had nothing. You need to also look at the limitations of the Illinois State constitution. If there isn't the votes for constitution carry, there isn't the votes for constitution carry. Illinois situation is not Wisconsin's.

The Illinois lawmakers seem more interested in actually fixing the problem of carry in some manner, versus Wisconsin lawmakers, who seemed more interested in causing a bunch of drama first before taking on "social issues". Mark my words: You folks will still have CCW banned in January 1st, 2012, you will have a Democratic Senate, and Governor Walker and the Lt. Governor will be recalled and replaced with Tom Barrett. Count on it.

WD57

[ Mark my words: You folks will still have CCW banned in January 1st, 2012, you will have a Democratic Senate, and Governor Walker and the Lt. Governor will be recalled and replaced with Tom Barrett. Count on it.[/QUOTE]

I hope they will pass CCW and in the books before January 1, but I think you are right about Governor Walker and friends.

HandyHamlet

The Illinois lawmakers seem more interested in actually fixing the problem of carry in some manner....

Illinois lawmakers are interested in fixing one problem. And that is where and how they are going to steal the only thing left to steal. The revenue generated from the new income tax increase (and from the 460 or so licensing funds if there is anything left).

The State has been picked clean and bankrupt for several years. That's a BIG problem for elected thieves with only three or four double secret pensions.

The only way IL gets any kind of a carry law is if they think it will generate a fund large enough to steal.

The Fiscal Year 2011 budget brings no new revenue to the state, nor does it pay outstanding and piling bills or makes an attempt to solve our pension crisis. It relies on heavy borrowing and fund raids, and it has been already estimated to leave the state in the red by $10 billion at the start of the fiscal year. It makes as much sense as using a credit card, or a line of credit, to pay a utility bill.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/1076...igs-the-state-into-deeper-financial-hole.html

Last edited:

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Illinois lawmakers are interested in fixing one problem. And that is where and how they are going to steal the only thing left to steal. The revenue generated from the new income tax increase (and from the 460 or so licensing funds if there is anything left).

The State has been picked clean and bankrupt for several years. That's a BIG problem for elected thieves with only three or four double secret pensions.

The only way IL gets any kind of a carry law is if they think it will generate a fund large enough to steal.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/1076...igs-the-state-into-deeper-financial-hole.html

There's only one issue that I care about, and it's guns. The rest of the political issues like pensions, collective bargaining, and tax issues, don't change one underlying fact: Neither myself nor anyone who lives in Illinois (outside of Aldermen and cops) can carry outside of the home in the most violent city in the midwest (Chicago).

Wisconsin has what Illinois does not, which is supposedly a really pro-gun Governor and Legislature. Illinois does not have the governor, they have a pro-carry legislature, but the veto level and the "home rule override" level is at 3/5's rather than majority. They do not have the majority votes for no permit carry, Wisconsin supposedly does, but they refuse because they're more interested in other things than saving lives.

Gun owners, especially activists such as us, should not give the Wisconsin Legislature and Governor a pass because they're doing something else unrelated to guns that some of us like. What the Wisconsin Legislature is doing right now does not put immediately allow people to defend themselves under Artice 1 Section 25 of the state constitution. They wasted valuable time while people can't carry in Wisconsin to defend themselves against violent attack.

Cobbersmom

From Progressive Unionism to Progress on Gun Rights? Pajamas Media

With all the threatened violence against the legislators and their families in Madison, we can hope they begin to understand why we demand CC and Castle Doctrine. My favorite quote from the article:
{For those who appreciate irony, this situation is bathed in it. Those Democrats who could depend on a Democrat governor to keep Wisconsin citizens disarmed are now, through their crude and desperate attempts to subvert democracy and the will of the people, virtually guaranteeing what they have fought so long and hard to prevent.
http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/from-progressive-unionism-to-progress-on-gun-rights/?singlepage=true }