Thread: New Handgun

New Handgun

i just bought a ruger p89 9mm, i've read many good things about it but i was wondering if anyone knew of any issues to speak of?
    feedback would be appreciated

oops picture of the animals

well,,,

Nice pets!!!

i read elsewhere that you dont have any ammo yet!

get some!!!!

ETA::::
    beg, borrow or steal enough money to buy the cheapest box of 9mm you can get!
    NOW!!!
    then shoot a few, just to make sure your new gun actually works right!
    save enough to fill some mags to load and carry,
    even winchester white box FMJs will be just good enough to protect you and yours.
    I dont EVEN want to hear about you going out in your yard or to a meet up, carrying an empty gun!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 03-06-2011 at 03:43 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

I Pick Up A Ruger P95 last week

I bought a P95 last week for my bday. I love it. I shot it everyday this week and put about 700 rounds through it with no problems. No misfires or jam. Go shoot it bro and let me know what you think.

Ryan
    ‎"Suppose you were a congressman. Now,suppose you were an idiot. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain

Ruger's are solid...

I've had a P-90 .45 for almost 15 years now. Bought it used for cheep. Then found out why it was cheep. The mag release was broke and would not hold the mag in when fired. Called Ruger, they sent me a new one, no charge.

Not long after, it dropped out of a shoulder holster (didn't have the strap tight enough) and bent the front site. Called Ruger, one came in the mail...no charge.

About 10 years ago, I was trying to break it down, and I would press the ejector down, but when the slide went forward, it would release so the slide would not come off. Called Ruger Technical Support, came to the conclusion the gun was old and the part that kept the ejector was worn and letting it release. The gentleman on the phone told me how to fix it in place and they sent me a new one for free. Since I didn't feel like filing the part in question down, I just waited for the new one.

About 6 years ago, I had this gun in a bag on the seat and got in a wreck, when I tried to take it apart, no dice. Sent it in to Ruger and they fixed whatever was wrong with it....no charge.

The only problem I have ever had with loading was when trying to cycle some reloads I had made. The bullets were not round nose so there were some feed problems. Pushed the bullets down a bit farther into the case and they seemed to cycle fine. Haven't had a chance to go fire them and see how they work under normal fire conditions.

Other than that, never had any issues with it. I work with a guy that has a ruger 9mm and my FIN has one as well. Both like them.

I've had a stainless P89DC since 1992. I have no idea how many rounds I've put through it and, knock on wood, never had a failure of any sort.

All I ever do to it is clean it and lube it with CLP.

I've got one of those, it's not my most accurate gun but it is built like a russian tank and has never failed to fire when i have pulled the trigger. I have had mine since 1994 or so.
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

I bought one.... I mean somehow an aquaintence of mine came upon a free Ruger P89... yeah... Anyways, only issue he has had that I know if the magazines are a beast to load! I think his came with like 12-15 rd mags(dont remember exact number), but we couldnt get anymore when mag said we were 3 short.

THE FIX: Stuffed it till it was 3 short and left it there for a week. After a week came back and was able to load the last few in. Hasnt been a problem since. I think they just got a little over the top on spring tension lol.

SIDE NOTE: Dont put that russian "Tulammo" steel cased ammo through it. He tried and it seemed to cause alot of jams. Maybe others have had no issues but near as I can tell that Tulammo isnt worth it.
    Last edited by DevinWKuska; 03-25-2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: side note
    "So there I was between a rock and a hard place, when it hit me... What am I doing on this side of the rock?"

good buy! Ruger, I think is one of those companies that don't get a lot of credit... but they have good guns... If I saw one (and had the money) I would buy one... good prices... My dad has a old .22 revolver from 45 years ago and still works great!!

Quote Originally Posted by RenkaiWulf View Post
    i just bought a ruger p89 9mm, i've read many good things about it but i was wondering if anyone knew of any issues to speak of?
    feedback would be appreciated

oops picture of the animals
    I'd have to say your second picture are two good reasons for the first!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.