• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane Coffee and Range cleanup day. 3/19

o2ryan

Spokane OC meet and range day.

Our next Spokane OC meeting is scheduled for Saturday, March 19th, 9 AM at Starbucks at Sprague and Pines. From there, weather permitting, several of us are headed to the Starr Rd shooting area on Mica Peak for a range cleanup and shooting gathering. Map here.

We have one pickup dedicated so far. We could also discuss car pooling from Starbucks to the range and back if some would be interested.

My boys and I look forward to seeing you all there.

Snarly

BobR

Have you considered cross posting to SGT. We still haven't decided on our first clean up of the year. We usually clean, have a BBQ and then shoot for hours. Once again you must have talke to the boss to make sure I was working that day. :) Hopefully I will be off for the next one.

bob

o2ryan

Have you considered cross posting to SGT. We still haven't decided on our first clean up of the year. We usually clean, have a BBQ and then shoot for hours. Once again you must have talked to the boss to make sure I was working that day. :) Hopefully I will be off for the next one.

bob

Sorry Bob, I sure don't do it on purpose. Do you have regular weekends you don't work? Is it an every other type of thing? Let's make sure you can make the next one. PM me your schedule if that will help. I can call in sick for you if that will help.;)

I did cross post on SGT and PNW Guns, but forgot to put range cleanup in the title. Shoot:banghead: Fixed!

Last edited:

Thor80

I put it in my calendar! If you weren't already referring to my pickup, I'll have mine for the trip. Its a crew cab, I'll have my Brother-in law and probably my 6 year old, I could fit one more if someone needs a ride.

-Torsten

ApacheBunny

I would love to join you guys, but my visit to Spokane is the 25th for my wife's USCIS appointment at the Fed building.

Edit: nvm, i might be able to make it for the 19th if the money allows, we'll be using a rental SUV or Pickup since our pickup will be in the autobody shop. so count us in as a variable for extra seats

Last edited:

Thor80

Went out to Mica area this morning to put a few rounds through the CZ. Its not looking too bad on the right side of the road. Lots of shotgun shells and a few "appliance" type things. Still a layer of snow on the ground because its in the shade. Cross the fingers for good weather next weekend. Hope to see you here Apache!

-Thor

ApacheBunny

The weather has been fairly nice so I imagine the 19th will be alright. Also did some work on my FNP-40 with the take down lever for this weekend break in and gave it an oiling with my stash of fiend-oil.

Last edited:

Cubex DE

I would love to go and meet you guys for the first time, but I don't have a car and AFAIK the bus system doesn't allow OC. If anyone is driving down there from North Spokane and could pick me up, I would really appreciate the chance to meet everyone.

fetch

Cubex, I live on the north side and was planning on attending the clean up. PM me to see if I can give you a lift.
Fetch

o2ryan

I would love to go and meet you guys for the first time, but I don't have a car and AFAIK the bus system doesn't allow OC. If anyone is driving down there from North Spokane and could pick me up, I would really appreciate the chance to meet everyone.

Cubex,

I have OC'd on STA several times without incident. They are aware of the law and will/should not hassel you, but if Fetch is offering I would take the ride from him anyway. There is hardly a more knowledgeable person in Spokane regarding OC.

Thor80

"Anyone have any updates for car pooling?"

I'll be able to fit a few if needed. Was gonna take brother in-law and son, but neither are comin. Son started hockey on Saturdays and my sister has my brother in law reeled in for the weekend since she's about to have his baby... :lol:

-Thor

o2ryan

Son of a...

Comrades,

I am not going to make it tomorrow.:mad::cry:

I have been pinned down with the flu all week and have not recovered well enough to make it outside tomorrow. I do not usually get sick and this thing has knocked me out. I don't want to risk any of you either.

My boys and I were really looking forward to this and to meeting some new faces. While your together, make sure to plan a date for an April meetup. BobR might want to chime in on this.

Thor, thanks for taking the lead on the cleanup. It's not looking so hot for tomorrow, so if you guys decide to reschedule I don't think too many people would be heartbroken, but do what you think is best.

I will be watching the boards to see what I missed. Have a good time as always and I will see you next time.

Thor80

See y'all in the morn. You sure you can't make it snarly? You can stay in the warmth of the coffee shop at least:D... Get better. You'll be missed. Looking forward to seeing some of you guys again and meeting new folks!

-Thor