• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you all have to say about this?

Patriot2A

This is about the Arizona shooting.

"In the end, not one open carry patriot lifted a finger to take out the assailant or reduce the number of casualties. What happened to the life saving deterrence of having an open carry society?

Like tax cuts for billionaires paying for themselves and trickling down onto all, open gun laws are a complete sham.

Arizona is a Constitutional Carry state. Means you can open or concealed carry without a permit.

Sorry but the Second Amendment never said we couldn't carry openly or concealed. it says right of the people to keep and bear arms, which protects both open or concealed. Constitutional rights still apply in public don't they?

I do not have a carry permit, I do not want one. many 2nd amendment people feel it's their choice to have one or not. it is entirely possible that no one there had a carry."

Looks like someones a little anti-gun, what does everyone think about this?

Last edited:

Notso

Campaign Veteran
It was a democrat political function. Odds are that most dems don't own guns much less carry them. I doubt the same thing would have happened at a republican or tea party gathering.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
What he said.

If you go to Church, do you wear a shirt that says "666" on it?

Democrats hate guns and don't own any, much less carry them to let other Democrats admonish them for having it and carrying it.

There aren't going to be OCers at a Democrats Only event. That is why this happened. A bunch of sissy Democrats with no guns who would never have let an OCer in anyway. They ban people from their places of worship (Democrats are like Religious Zealots), then blame those same excommunicated people for not being there to save them from themselves.

And yes, I still say it's a false flag event, seeing the unique propaganda and misinformation being spread since then.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
This is about the Arizona shooting.

"In the end, not one open carry patriot lifted a finger to take out the assailant or reduce the number of casualties. What happened to the life saving deterrence of having an open carry society?

Like tax cuts for billionaires paying for themselves and trickling down onto all, open gun laws are a complete sham.

Arizona is a Constitutional Carry state. Means you can open or concealed carry without a permit.

Sorry but the Second Amendment never said we couldn't carry openly or concealed. it says right of the people to keep and bear arms, which protects both open or concealed. Constitutional rights still apply in public don't they?

I do not have a carry permit, I do not want one. many 2nd amendment people feel it's their choice to have one or not. it is entirely possible that no one there had a carry."

Looks like someones a little anti-gun, what does everyone think about this?

Can we get a link to this screed? It needs to be replied to at the source.

sharkey

It was a democrat political function. Odds are that most dems don't own guns much less carry them. I doubt the same thing would have happened at a republican or tea party gathering.

Gifford's herself carries a gun. Maybe as an elite but she signed H.R.197&S.845.

http://www.ontheissues.org/house/Gabby_Giffords_Gun_Control.htm

I want to laugh at the heading but it's too sad to laugh at. Guess we'd have to start carrying pen guns.

Ban semi-automatics; but allow concealed carry

Last edited:

eye95

Here is what I have to say about it:

It read like a bunch of stream-of-consciousness babble. It is impossible to tell where he is going with it. I am not sure that the author even knows what he is trying to say!

since9

Campaign Veteran
Gifford's herself carries a gun.

I'm not doubting you, but from the link you provided, she's a "might" shakey on the particulars: "Ban the sale or transfer of semi-automatic guns, except those used for hunting." I've never used a semi-auto for hunting, but my primary carry has always been a semi-auto.

I think a lot of this influence comes from her husband.