• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The liberal Bostonian wife learned why I carry

bomber

Like I said, I didn't get involved other than asking the one guy if he was alright until the drunk kid pulled a foot long knife out on the guy he wasn't fighting with.

"A security guard who got off shift pulls into the lot and starts to intervene, she gets in between Drunky and Dude and tells them to stop and seperate. "

that was what i was referring to

Claytron

When I was young the local Sheriff would let a couple of guys duke it out as long as one was not really hurting the other, no permanent damage. Then he would tell them to go clean up and go home. It was RARE that anyone went to jail. If someone did go to jail, he would take statements and it was always the one he determined was not acting in self defense.

Now it seems that LE doesn't care if it was self defense, they are going to arrest and charge you for assault, often as a felony when it is only a knuckle duster. It has gotten past ridiculous.:banghead::cuss:

They sure did like to tell some interesting stories way back in your day didnt they!

snatale42

My wife and I come from two different worlds, I grew up in the south around firearms, she grew up in Boston and never saw a gun until she met me.

Good job on undoing the damage the MA propaganda did to your wife. I'm from Boston I know how bad it is first hand. The DAY I got my VA drivers license to the gun shop I went, the South is F'ing awesome!

Claytron

That is what I thought it was, little boy. Go home to mommy until you are an adult. I don't deal with children.

Thats what you thought? What the hell are you talking about? Are you just agreeing that you are old and in need of special help during certain situations? Sorry, I not trained to understand what people with dementia are saying.

You dont deal with children, you just insult them on the internet, right?

Tucker6900

The Right Thing.

I believe you did the right thing.

Here in Iowa, the law allows me to attempt to prevent a felony crime, which I believe would have been the case in your situation, had the drunky attempted to use the knife on anyone.

I love that you were able to uses common sense when observing the situation, and make the call to interfere, instead of jumping up, seeing the situation and without thinking, rush headlong into it. I also appreciate your observation of the perp when he exited the car. Seeing he didnt have the knife, and lowering your weapon.

Job Well Done.