• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robar NP3

Nevada carrier

So I've had a Taurus PT 1911 Duo tone for about 6 months and one thing I really hated is because of being a stainless steel slide, the bluing on the top isn't really bluing at all. The top of the slide that's blackened is showing pretty severe wear marks from my holster. So I sent out the slide to have Robar apply NP3. My understanding is that it is a chemical dip coating that bonds nickel with Teflon giving a sattin silver appearance. They will apply NP3 to the entire surface of the slide, inside and out as well as all the internal parts of the slide. They make the claim that no lubrication is needed after NP3 is applied, but I'm skeptical on that. They do say that that doesn't mean you can't lubricate it either.

Now I know I probably should have asked this before I sent it out, but here goes. Has anyone had this procedure done and regretted it? If so what problems did you experience?

Last edited:

curtiswr

I've heard nothing but good things about it, mainly from another user on here: Agent19.

Look him up and send him a message if you don't get answers in here.

j4l

Let us know how the lubricating bit works out..curious about that for the slide rails,etc. maybe some of the internals..

ABNinfantryman

POF uses Robar's NP3 coating on all of their rifles, and LWRCI uses a similar process that they call "NiCorr" on all of their rifles, everything I've heard from guys who own those weapons love it because of it's ease to clean and self lubricating nature. It's good stuff, just wish more gun makers used it.