• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dinners/ Meet and Greets

utyszkij

Hey everyone, do y'all ever plan these things on weekends and/or near VA beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth? I know I'm asking for a, "Hey, you set one up!" but I was just wondering because I really want to come out to one and I work m through f nights.

If not I got some vacation time to burn up!:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hey everyone, do y'all ever plan these things on weekends and/or near VA beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth? I know I'm asking for a, "Hey, you set one up!" but I was just wondering because I really want to come out to one and I work m through f nights.

If not I got some vacation time to burn up!:lol:

Check the stickeys on the Virgina forum regularly.

You missed one in your area this morning:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...olunteers-Ragged-Island-WMA-Cleanup-05-Mar-11

ODA 226

@ utysziki : I sent you an invite to the Ragged Island Cleanup today. We had 14 members show up. It was a great time!

Last edited:

45acpForMe

Typically people schedule OC dinners during the week because people tend to have other plans for the weekend. I don't have a problem having a dinner on the weekend assuming I can make it.

Where they are planned is dependent on who makes the plans. I live on the Peninsula so if I schedule a dinner you can bet good money that it will be on the Peninsula somewhere. :)

We haven't had a OC dinner at Primo's recently. (anyone, anyone)

The best way to attend an OC dinner is pick a day that YOU can make it and schedule one. Anyone that CAN make it probably will. It is ok if it is a small group. It is ok if it winds up being a large group.

I just met a few other members that work 4-10s during the week and Friday is the only day they can make it also.

Last edited:

Kevin108

It's hard to say this without sounding rude, but truthfully if you want to have an OC even when you can make it, set one up yourself. Figure out when and where, make a post with a title like "Tidewater OC Dinner - Venue and Date". Stick some details in your first post and people will chime in if they can make it. Expect at least 25 people almost anytime but you should be able to get a decent headcount from your thread.

utyszkij

Yea, couldn't really hurt setting one up myself I suppose. Worst that could happen is I go out to eat and its only me and my fiance.. :eek:

darthmord

It's very easy to set one up. Just do the following:

1. Pick a place you'd like to eat at.
2. Confirm with the restaurant that they can handle a crowd of 10+ people.
3. Create a thread indicating the following info:
(a) Restaurant Name
(b) Restaurant Location (location, google maps, GPS, etc)
(c) Day of the event
(d) Time of the event
4. Keep a running total of who is going and who is a maybe.
5. Let the restaurant know a day or two in advance of about how many people to expect on the particular day.

If you look at my post history, you should find such a thread for a Tidewater OCDO at the beginning of Feb 2011.

Remember, you aren't here to herd cats. You are trying to set up an OCDO. :p

USNA69

It's very easy to set one up. Just do the following:

1. Pick a place you'd like to eat at.
2. Confirm with the restaurant that they can handle a crowd of 10+ people.
3. Create a thread indicating the following info:
(a) Restaurant Name
(b) Restaurant Location (location, google maps, GPS, etc)
(c) Day of the event
(d) Time of the event
4. Keep a running total of who is going and who is a maybe.
5. Let the restaurant know a day or two in advance of about how many people to expect on the particular day.

If you look at my post history, you should find such a thread for a Tidewater OCDO at the beginning of Feb 2011.

Remember, you aren't here to herd cats. You are trying to set up an OCDO. :p

I would suggest adding Step 2a: Confirm restaurant is OC-friendly