Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doug Huffman's latest attack on OCDO

Doug Huffman's latest attack on OCDO

LOL! I received the following email from Doug today.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...49#post1480649

BROKENSPROKET wrote: "Crap, now I will have to maker sure that prooof
    that I visited this thread is removed from pc history before I ever go
    to Verona."

This user obviously does not know that the history is maintained on the
    OCDO server.

It is clear to me that 'the government' monitors OCDO in real time and
    that the owners are eager to comply with government demands/requests for
    records. That is the reason The John unblocked the public list of
    TOR.net exit routers, made clear in WikiLeaks: by The Guardian's Leigh
    and Harding. The US government used TOR.net as its own, with a tame
    exit router.

Unencrypted material sent over TOR.net is plain text after exiting the
    network, as the Manning/WikiLeaks release of unencrypted HAG Hilary
    cables make clear. PGP/RAS encryption is essential.

The only function of TOR.net is to prevent tracing a packet back to its
    origin or to its destination.

cc: (List deleted.) The John under separate cover for his
    clumsy violation of privacy considerations.
    Apparently, Doug has a distribution list of people who share his 'unique' viewpoint.

In any case, because we want to be as transparent as possible, I want to publicly address the points he makes in his email.

1) I did NOT unblock Tor Exit Nodes. I am continually trying to find better ways to block spammers and trolls and blocking those was a good first step.

2) vBulletin DOES store every version of an edited post.

3) Government and law enforcement probably DO monitor OpenCarry.org. In fact, we have seen reports of this.

4) We are not 'eager' to hand over records to the government nor have we ever been asked to do so. Having said that, we would comply with a valid subpoena should we ever receive one but given the law-abiding nature of our members and the fact that we have banned those of 'questionable' character, I don't expect to ever receive one.

5) Because of 2, 3 and 4 you should remember Rule # (1) YOU OWN YOUR WORDS ONCE THEY ARE POSTED: While we will attempt to help those who have a legitimate need to remove postings they have made in haste or error, our time and ability to do so is not unlimited and there is no guarantee that such a request will be granted. Therefore, post only those comments that you have considered and are willing to take full responsibility for!

John

"The John"

PS. Since I have now been dubbed 'The John' in true arch-villain style, I really want a secret lair in a volcano in the South Seas.

And let's not forget ...

The John. Hmm, wonder if that sticks?
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

You have sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads?!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Do lasers even work underwater?

The John,

Would you commit to posting any records-request by the posers (oops, I mean powers) that be?
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Cool "The John"

I believe Elliot Spitzer already owns that nickname.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

I've always suspected John is a commie. Now Doug has proven it...

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post

The John,

Would you commit to posting any records-request by the posers (oops, I mean powers) that be?
    Absolutely ... But again I do not expect to ever receive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    And how did he do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Must be joking...or looking for the ban
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    And how did he do that?
    I think Gunslinger is joking but who knows? I would hope it is a joke.

I certainly don't understand why someone (Doug) would put so much effort and time in debasing OCDO, WCI and any other rights group(s).

I have too much work to do and a life to happily live than to spend my time hurting others. I just don't get it.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    I'm guessing Gilligan is pretty lonely on the island...........
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I think Gunslinger is joking but who knows? I would hope it is a joke.

I certainly don't understand why someone (Doug) would put so much effort and time in debasing OCDO, WCI and any other rights group(s).

I have too much work to do and a life to happily live than to spend my time hurting others. I just don't get it.
    He's a bitter, nasty, old troublemaker who takes pleasure in creating chaos. The less attention we give him the better.
    Last edited by oak1971; 03-05-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Must be joking...or looking for the ban
    I wouldn't ban someone for saying something about me if they were otherwise a valued member of the community. But I do hope he is kidding. I may be many things ... but a commie isn't one of them.

I wouldn't ban someone for saying something about me if they were otherwise a valued member of the community. But I do hope he is kidding. I may be many things ... but a commie isn't one of them.
    I was kidding, hence the

That shark-suit needs a "ban-ject" in the ventral fin location for removal of those pesky annoyance accounts......
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Free speech

Be careful what you post on this forum. Following is the Wisconsin constitutional amendment on free speech.

Article I
    SECTION 3. [Free speech; libel.] Every person may freely speak, write and publish his sentiments on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of that right, and no laws shall be passed to restrain or abridge the liberty of speech or of the press. In all criminal prosecutions or indictments for libel, the truth may be given in evidence, and if it appears to the jury that the matter charged as libelous be true, and was published with good motives and for justifiable ends, the party shall be acquited; and the jury shall have the right to determine the law and fact.

It protects you from everthing said and written except for libel.

From the law dictionary:
    libel

1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation,

Remember: Anything you say on this forum can and will be held against you in a court of law.

Big brother is watching.

/yawn

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    He's a bitter, nasty, old troublemaker who takes pleasure in creating chaos.
    Bitter is the key, yup. Perhaps also combined with childish and obsessive.
    He received lots of attention here from his lemmings as they lorded over the forum, belittling enmasse anyone who disagreed with him. This forum became a better place the day Huffman was banned.

You're right though, Oak. I shouldn't help unbury his corpse. I'm gonna go OC at PicnSave in ER.

I'm not Dou...

oh. Never mind.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    Do lasers even work underwater?

The John,

Yes they do >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja1xiv3vnY0
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

McX
    it is only fair not to discuss thing when someone isnt here to defend themselves. so i will avoid the topic, and lock the thread- if i can find the keys to lock the lock. i hope the shark thing will be in the stores my Christmas, but since were accusing kinda here, and to keep the mood light; Administrator i accuse you of being the gunman on the grass knoll, being envoled in the area 51 thing, and being Elvis.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs down Doug:0, John:-1

I'm afraid, in my estimation, John has lost some humanity points for even bringing this up. It's like p1ss1ng on somebody's grave.... Doug is living rent free in your head, John.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    I'm afraid, in my estimation, John has lost some humanity points for even bringing this up. It's like p1ss1ng on somebody's grave.... Doug is living rent free in your head, John.
    Dave,

I wasn't trying to attack someone who wasn't here to defend himself. However, since he was apparently sending it to an unknown number of people (who he went to lengths to notify that he was sending it to me as well) and making assertions that were incorrect, I wanted to address it publicly lest I let his misstatements be assumed correct due to lack of response.

John

Uhhh, lighten up. Certainly my humor was obvious, particularly with the many times I have "disagreed" with our friend Doug. Somehow the thought of a "commie" creating a 2A website seems a little lyrical, doesn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast