• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doug Huffman's latest attack on OCDO

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
LOL! I received the following email from Doug today.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-Verona-WI-Google-Earth&p=1480649#post1480649

BROKENSPROKET wrote: "Crap, now I will have to maker sure that prooof
that I visited this thread is removed from pc history before I ever go
to Verona."

This user obviously does not know that the history is maintained on the
OCDO server.

It is clear to me that 'the government' monitors OCDO in real time and
that the owners are eager to comply with government demands/requests for
records. That is the reason The John unblocked the public list of
TOR.net exit routers, made clear in WikiLeaks: by The Guardian's Leigh
and Harding. The US government used TOR.net as its own, with a tame
exit router.

Unencrypted material sent over TOR.net is plain text after exiting the
network, as the Manning/WikiLeaks release of unencrypted HAG Hilary
cables make clear. PGP/RAS encryption is essential.

The only function of TOR.net is to prevent tracing a packet back to its
origin or to its destination.

cc: (List deleted.) The John under separate cover for his
clumsy violation of privacy considerations.

Apparently, Doug has a distribution list of people who share his 'unique' viewpoint.

In any case, because we want to be as transparent as possible, I want to publicly address the points he makes in his email.

1) I did NOT unblock Tor Exit Nodes. I am continually trying to find better ways to block spammers and trolls and blocking those was a good first step.

2) vBulletin DOES store every version of an edited post.

3) Government and law enforcement probably DO monitor OpenCarry.org. In fact, we have seen reports of this.

4) We are not 'eager' to hand over records to the government nor have we ever been asked to do so. Having said that, we would comply with a valid subpoena should we ever receive one but given the law-abiding nature of our members and the fact that we have banned those of 'questionable' character, I don't expect to ever receive one.

5) Because of 2, 3 and 4 you should remember Rule # (1) YOU OWN YOUR WORDS ONCE THEY ARE POSTED: While we will attempt to help those who have a legitimate need to remove postings they have made in haste or error, our time and ability to do so is not unlimited and there is no guarantee that such a request will be granted. Therefore, post only those comments that you have considered and are willing to take full responsibility for!

John

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
"The John"

PS. Since I have now been dubbed 'The John' in true arch-villain style, I really want a secret lair in a volcano in the South Seas. :monkey

And let's not forget ...

Laser_Shark_by_McGibs.jpg

protias

You have sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads?! :shocker:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
And how did he do that?

I think Gunslinger is joking but who knows? I would hope it is a joke.

I certainly don't understand why someone (Doug) would put so much effort and time in debasing OCDO, WCI and any other rights group(s).

I have too much work to do and a life to happily live than to spend my time hurting others. I just don't get it.

oak1971

I think Gunslinger is joking but who knows? I would hope it is a joke.

I certainly don't understand why someone (Doug) would put so much effort and time in debasing OCDO, WCI and any other rights group(s).

I have too much work to do and a life to happily live than to spend my time hurting others. I just don't get it.

He's a bitter, nasty, old troublemaker who takes pleasure in creating chaos. The less attention we give him the better.

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Must be joking...or looking for the ban :lol:

I wouldn't ban someone for saying something about me if they were otherwise a valued member of the community. But I do hope he is kidding. I may be many things ... but a commie isn't one of them. :)

Captain Nemo

Free speech

Be careful what you post on this forum. Following is the Wisconsin constitutional amendment on free speech.

Article I
SECTION 3. [Free speech; libel.] Every person may freely speak, write and publish his sentiments on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of that right, and no laws shall be passed to restrain or abridge the liberty of speech or of the press. In all criminal prosecutions or indictments for libel, the truth may be given in evidence, and if it appears to the jury that the matter charged as libelous be true, and was published with good motives and for justifiable ends, the party shall be acquited; and the jury shall have the right to determine the law and fact.

It protects you from everthing said and written except for libel.

From the law dictionary:
libel

1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation,

Remember: Anything you say on this forum can and will be held against you in a court of law.

Big brother is watching.

1FASTC4

He's a bitter, nasty, old troublemaker who takes pleasure in creating chaos.

Bitter is the key, yup. Perhaps also combined with childish and obsessive.
He received lots of attention here from his lemmings as they lorded over the forum, belittling enmasse anyone who disagreed with him. This forum became a better place the day Huffman was banned.

You're right though, Oak. I shouldn't help unbury his corpse. I'm gonna go OC at PicnSave in ER.