• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hb 313

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I think this is great. At least we have got something accomplished for the 2A people this leg. session. I would almost gaurantee beshear will sign this into law.

neuroblades

I'd never heard about this bill prior to this post. Other than allowing for other places to put a weapon in a vehicle other than the glove box for the OC'ers, was anything gained for the CC'ers?

If/when this is signed into law, how long till it becomes actively legal?

Last edited:

UnfetteredMight

I'd never heard about this bill prior to this post. Other than allowing for other places to put a weapon in a vehicle other than the glove box for the OC'ers, was anything gained for the CC'ers?

If/when this is signed into law, how long till it becomes actively legal?

I've been watching it like a hawk, lol.

Other than the director of the division of law enforcement and conservation officers being able to CC, nope.

I honestly have no idea how that part works, this is the first time I've waited on a bill to pass and it actually happened. I am just as curious for that answer.

neuroblades

Thanks for that link. I've got a shortcut on the desktop for future use now. :)

I wonder if HB 113 & HB 380 will pass as well.

Last edited:

UnfetteredMight

Thanks for that link. I've got a shortcut on the desktop for future use now. :)

I wonder if HB 113 & HB 380 will pass as well.

I doubt either one is going to make it this session. This was a short year for making laws (not necessarily a bad thing), consider them primers to next years session.

Last edited:

neuroblades

I doubt either one is going to make it this session. This was a short year for making laws (not necessarily a bad thing), consider them primers to next years session.

Well, let's hope and pray that both out KFFA & HB 380 come to term next year. that way, one way or the other we'll get that puppy passed. They say that third time's the charm! *LOL*

UnfetteredMight

Hope and prayer are poor substitutes for real work. Letter writing, emailing and making phone calls and asking and encouraging everyone you know to do the same are the only way to get anything done in Frankfort. It's not too soon to start planning for next session.

Absolutely, informing people of things they never even thought about is more effective than you think. I plan on making some flyers as the legislative season draws near next year. I know of a couple gas stations (maybe more) here in town, that would let me put up a flyer with the information, not to mention wherever else I go. I'm waiting on this one until a few months before so it's fresh in people's minds.

Now is a good time for just talking to people you know and getting the word spread, be ready with statistical evidence to back up what your telling them. Some will feel one way and some another, others who are unsure you can sway with facts and even some who are against can also be swayed.

It's better to have mounting support waiting for the session to begin than to try to get it to sufficient numbers after the start.

useyourbow

I am confused. HB 313 is different how?

KRS 527.020(8) states in part that: "A firearm or other deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in a glove compartment, regularly installed in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer, regardless of whether said compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism."

There are no Kentucky Statutes which address the transport of deadly weapons that are too large to store in a glove compartment of a vehicle.

UnfetteredMight

KRS 527.020(8) states in part that: "A firearm or other deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in a glove compartment, regularly installed in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer, regardless of whether said compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism."

There are no Kentucky Statutes which address the transport of deadly weapons that are too large to store in a glove compartment of a vehicle.

Put them in your trunk and then its not "on or about your person".