Thread: Gripe/Defend MOC's new LGOC Policy if you like

Gripe/Defend MOC's new LGOC Policy if you like

Here's the thread many have been too lazy or too much of a drama mama to create. Have fun with the thread, I'm abandoning it.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    LGOC is not a sanctioned OCDO topic.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

London General Omnibus Company

L G O C

The London General Omnibus Company was founded in 1855 to amalgamate and regulate the many independent horse-drawn omnibus services then operating in London. Originally an Anglo-French enterprise, also known as the Compagnie Generale des Omnibus de Londres, the LGOC soon became the largest omnibus operator in London. It bought out hundreds of independently-owned buses and established a consistent level of service for its fleet. Within a year, the LGOC controlled 600 of London's 810 omnibuses.[1]
    LGOC began using motor omnibuses in 1902, and the last LGOC horse-drawn bus ran on 25 October 1911. In 1908 the LGOC bought the Road Car Company, the Vanguard Company, and its other main rivals, thereby gaining a virtual monopoly in London.[2]
    In 1912, the Underground Group, which owned most of the London Underground, bought the LGOC. In 1933, the LGOC, along with the rest of the Underground Group, became part of the new London Passenger Transport Board. The name London General fell into disuse, and London Transport instead became synonymous with the red London bus.[3] There will be an Open carry meet at Danny`s pizza shack in Fowlerville on April 9,2011 at 1:30. please come and enjoy great food & great company.
    [4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_...mnibus_Company

I`ll talk about it if I want to
    Last edited by DetroitBiker; 03-05-2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: to add OC subject

Then report the thread and let the mods close it. I don't care. The thread isn't about LGOC. It's about a policy.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Then report the thread and let the mods close it. I don't care. The thread isn't about LGOC. It's about a policy.
    A LGOC policy. I wont report it, but I may whip you with a wet noodle.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBiker View Post
    L G O C

The London General Omnibus Company was founded in 1855 to amalgamate and regulate the many independent horse-drawn omnibus services then operating in London. Originally an Anglo-French enterprise, also known as the Compagnie Generale des Omnibus de Londres, the LGOC soon became the largest omnibus operator in London. It bought out hundreds of independently-owned buses and established a consistent level of service for its fleet. Within a year, the LGOC controlled 600 of London's 810 omnibuses.[1]
    LGOC began using motor omnibuses in 1902, and the last LGOC horse-drawn bus ran on 25 October 1911. In 1908 the LGOC bought the Road Car Company, the Vanguard Company, and its other main rivals, thereby gaining a virtual monopoly in London.[2]
    In 1912, the Underground Group, which owned most of the London Underground, bought the LGOC. In 1933, the LGOC, along with the rest of the Underground Group, became part of the new London Passenger Transport Board. The name London General fell into disuse, and London Transport instead became synonymous with the red London bus.[3]
    [4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_...mnibus_Company

I`ll talk about it if I want to
    OCDO asks that topics relate to OC or gun issues. While you may have topless buses and therefore can be carried openly I think that's pushing it.

Well...as long as this thread lasts, can someone post a link to the policy (or explain what it is) for those of us not in the loop?

Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by CarlottaValdez View Post
    Well...as long as this thread lasts, can someone post a link to the policy (or explain what it is) for those of us not in the loop?

Thanks .
    There is no written policy, only what was said in an audio online meeting. I've asked the board to draft and publish an official written policy/stance.

It's been an hour since I've requested this and they haven't done it yet. What lazy bums.(sarcasm)

Good hearing from you, beautiful. *blows a kiss*

Quote Originally Posted by CarlottaValdez View Post

Thanks .
    I'm not sure which policy you're referring to, but if it's this forum's policy/rule about LGOC discussions, that can be found here. And the specific rule is:

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.
    But it doesn't say we can't argue about arguing about it.
    Last edited by Big Gay Al; 03-05-2011 at 11:01 PM.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    I'm not sure which policy you're referring to,
    MOC has created a new policy/Stance about LGOC. It hasn't been put in writing yet so I'll defer to an MOC board member to explain it.

Q better watch out,
    Somebody is likly to shoot (split green peas) at you threw a straw !! HAHAHA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mastiff69 View Post
    Q better watch out,
    Somebody is likly to shoot (split green peas) at you threw a straw !! HAHAHA!!!!
    I'm not afraid of split peas. I haz airsoft and 6,000 BBs! Chuckles.

I'm not afraid of split peas. I haz airsoft and 6,000 BBs! Chuckles.
    I raise you from airsoft to paintball at 350 FPS!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    I raise you from airsoft to paintball at 350 FPS!
    I fail. I only carry toy gunz

I fail. I only carry toy gunz
    They make a plastic pump action paintball gun...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Maybe an idea would be to put this type of discussion in the Member's Lounge for MOC. Just sayin...