• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gripe/Defend MOC's new LGOC Policy if you like

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQ

Here's the thread many have been too lazy or too much of a drama mama to create. Have fun with the thread, I'm abandoning it.

DetroitBiker

London General Omnibus Company

L G O C

The London General Omnibus Company was founded in 1855 to amalgamate and regulate the many independent horse-drawn omnibus services then operating in London. Originally an Anglo-French enterprise, also known as the Compagnie Generale des Omnibus de Londres, the LGOC soon became the largest omnibus operator in London. It bought out hundreds of independently-owned buses and established a consistent level of service for its fleet. Within a year, the LGOC controlled 600 of London's 810 omnibuses.[1]
LGOC began using motor omnibuses in 1902, and the last LGOC horse-drawn bus ran on 25 October 1911. In 1908 the LGOC bought the Road Car Company, the Vanguard Company, and its other main rivals, thereby gaining a virtual monopoly in London.[2]
In 1912, the Underground Group, which owned most of the London Underground, bought the LGOC. In 1933, the LGOC, along with the rest of the Underground Group, became part of the new London Passenger Transport Board. The name London General fell into disuse, and London Transport instead became synonymous with the red London bus.[3] There will be an Open carry meet at Danny`s pizza shack in Fowlerville on April 9,2011 at 1:30. please come and enjoy great food & great company.
[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_General_Omnibus_Company

:D

I`ll talk about it if I want to :banana:

Last edited:

TheQ

Then report the thread and let the mods close it. I don't care. The thread isn't about LGOC. It's about a policy.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
L G O C

The London General Omnibus Company was founded in 1855 to amalgamate and regulate the many independent horse-drawn omnibus services then operating in London. Originally an Anglo-French enterprise, also known as the Compagnie Generale des Omnibus de Londres, the LGOC soon became the largest omnibus operator in London. It bought out hundreds of independently-owned buses and established a consistent level of service for its fleet. Within a year, the LGOC controlled 600 of London's 810 omnibuses.[1]
LGOC began using motor omnibuses in 1902, and the last LGOC horse-drawn bus ran on 25 October 1911. In 1908 the LGOC bought the Road Car Company, the Vanguard Company, and its other main rivals, thereby gaining a virtual monopoly in London.[2]
In 1912, the Underground Group, which owned most of the London Underground, bought the LGOC. In 1933, the LGOC, along with the rest of the Underground Group, became part of the new London Passenger Transport Board. The name London General fell into disuse, and London Transport instead became synonymous with the red London bus.[3]
[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_General_Omnibus_Company

:D

I`ll talk about it if I want to :banana:

OCDO asks that topics relate to OC or gun issues. While you may have topless buses and therefore can be carried openly I think that's pushing it.

TheQ

Well...as long as this thread lasts, can someone post a link to the policy (or explain what it is) for those of us not in the loop?

There is no written policy, only what was said in an audio online meeting. I've asked the board to draft and publish an official written policy/stance.

It's been an hour since I've requested this and they haven't done it yet. What lazy bums.(sarcasm)

Good hearing from you, beautiful. ;) *blows a kiss*

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Well...as long as this thread lasts, can someone post a link to the policy (or explain what it is) for those of us not in the loop?

I'm not sure which policy you're referring to, but if it's this forum's policy/rule about LGOC discussions, that can be found here. And the specific rule is:

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

But it doesn't say we can't argue about arguing about it. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.