• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Belt holsters that ride a little lower?

j4l

Not talking thigh-drop rigs or anything, but are there any decent ones out there-leather, not plastic/serpa,etc.-that position the grip a little below the beltline?
Everything I've been trying out sits the pistol a bit higher than I like,and seem to lack any way to adjust them to a lower ride.
I know about the drop kits for serpas and such,but Im looking for leather.

j4l

grr. cant view it from work, but will check it out when home tonite. ty for the tip~

j4l

Mernickle Holsters make quality leather holsters. Their PS6LR is marketed as a 'low ride concealment holster', but works great as a lower ride OC holster. It sits at about the same location as a leather duty holster.

I own one, and it is quality. For $10 more, they made it with a retention strap.

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/ps/ps6lr_r1.html

Ah, these Im liking..May also look into their Hollywood rig.. a bit obnoxious, I know, but.. would work well with my hat/boots...whole gun-slinger look, I guess lol.

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/ha/ha2r1.html

j4l

The Safarilands look decent too, but they dont make one specific to my model, Unless the 24/7 holsters will fit the 845..

simmonsjoe

Safariland

I know you want leather, but they also have their ALS retention system and all holsters are offered with a 1" drop kit. They are a softer feeling high quality plastic. Feels and looks much more refined than the plastic of Serpas. I use a model 6377 myself.

ABNinfantryman

I know you want leather, but they also have their ALS retention system and all holsters are offered with a 1" drop kit. They are a softer feeling high quality plastic. Feels and looks much more refined than the plastic of Serpas. I use a model 6377 myself.

This. I had Fobus holsters before, but I switched to Safariland after getting to use one on my second deployment and ran it through a stress shoot. Now I have a Safariland holster for all of my pistols, and the really cool thing? They have the Quick Release System (QRS) so you can leave your method of attachment (belt, paddle, drop leg) on your hip and take off the holster with the gun. You can also mount the system on a wall or in your car so you can safely move the weapon without drawing it. Love it! I keep a paddle on the seatbelt of my passenger seat and just slip it off my hip to the seatbelt so I don't have a loose gun in the car and I don't have it digging into my side.

Also, they have custom fit holsters, I had to get one for my S&W 327PD 8 shot. Doesn't have a retention system like the ALS but I like it because it works with my entire setup.

Dreamer

Blackhawk makes a "drop loop" for the Serpas but they are made to fit the screws for the Duty Holster range, which are slightly longer than the ones that come with the CQC series which is what most people have...

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Jacket-Slot-Duty-Belt-Loop,839,82.htm

If you call Blackhawk, they will send you a set of Duty Holster length screws for free. Just be sure to tell the exactly which holster model you have.

I have two Serpa CQCs for my 1911. One on a paddle (for warm-weather wear) and one on a drop loop for when I want to wear a short jacket. Works like a charm...

Blackhawk has EXCELLENT customer support, in my experience.