• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Must we be "All or none" with no compromise?

WARCHILD

Well I do appreciate your support and efforts. You see I wasn't kidding when I say it's the only place in town for me to use.

You had just about the same normal experience I have most of the time. Which is why I am allowed to oc, unless someone complains. I can live with that for now.
Also, my nephew has started ocing, so I will no longer be the "only" one in town.
Again, as it becomes more common, less complaints will ensue.

Next time you're in the mood for a drive, let me know and we can meet up for a quick cup of coffee or something.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
So, you continue to shop at a place which is the ONLY partner of Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG)? I can see Warchild shopping at Walmart, as it seems he has no other options. But to drive any length of time to support a group who is, at this point in time, driving a truck around the country with a billboard "keeping a running tally of the number of Americans killed by gun violence since the January 8 massacre in Tucson" and fervently trying to limit a citizen's right to carry in many states is hypocrisy. If you must shop and there are no other options, by all means keep shopping. But, if you have a choice, I would strongly suggest that you shop elsewhere.

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/partnership/partnership.shtml

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/media-center/reuters_021611.shtml

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

We've had this discussion before my friend... and it always comes down to...

We all have to make our choices based on the criteria operative at the time. Some choices are easy to make... others are not. Some choices can actually hurt a person's livelihood or even their freedom.

But... the choices are yours and your alone.

Another "but"... if a person makes their choices and then asks what other folks think of those choices............ expect to get responses anywhere from total support to total dismissal.. and maybe even a discouraging word or name thrown in.

Be true to yourself my friend... that is the only choice we all really have.

kryptonian

would love to meet up some day warchild. booked monday thru friday tho. have to be weekend. hate coffee tho and i quit alcohol so have to be mt. dew for me.

dr. todd. very good point and am secretly jealous as hell of your profile pic and the only thing keeping me from stealing it is i don't want to stray from my superman theme. side note - i was guided to owosso by my tomtom GPS which has C3PO voice and R2D2 in the background.

WARCHILD

And I totally agree with you. I was just wondering how many others may be out there in similar situations where they are forced to make decisions based on restrictions and not their desires, wants, or needs. Employers restrictions is also one of the offending issues.

I don't mind disagreement at all. I welcome other points of view. Like you and I, along with others; we can politely disagree on points of view without having a negative effect on our conversation or friendship.

Good to see you both last night. Took us an hour and 45min to get home on the skating rink called a road...uuuggghhh!

WARCHILD

would love to meet up some day warchild. booked monday thru friday tho. have to be weekend. hate coffee tho and i quit alcohol so have to be mt. dew for me.

dr. todd. very good point and am secretly jealous as hell of your profile pic and the only thing keeping me from stealing it is i don't want to stray from my superman theme. side note - i was guided to owosso by my tomtom GPS which has C3PO voice and R2D2 in the background.

Love too, Look forward to it. Sunday afternoons are best for me.
Me...I'm a coffeeholic. Have been sober/dry for 30yrs now (save one beer for daughters graduation toasts).:monkey
The Dew it is. Bikenut is also a DEWAHOLIC! :rolleyes:

race4fun

My son OCed in the Owosso Walmart last Wednesday. He entered through the auto service doors in the back but did buy ammo while OCing. Was there 30 minutes, no one said a word. Before you know it you won't be alone.