Thread: CADL wants a judge to declare all Open Carry = Brandishing

CADL wants a judge to declare all Open Carry = Brandishing

From MGO:

Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu
    I haven't seen where anyone posted the amended CADL v MOC complaint. CADL amended its complaint asserting that MOC members are brandishing in violation of MCL 750.234e. Where do you suppose they got the idea to make that amendment?

Exciting, isn't it?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Cool Cadl

This new trick by cadl does this include law enforcement the are openly carrying there guns.

NO because evryone knows....BADGE + GUN = GOD!!
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Okay so CADL is now taking advice from a lawyer whom was just publicly caught talking out of the wrong side of her mouth. This is great, now they look like even bigger fools. They look like just as big of fools as the lawyer they got this idea from. I for one am excited, are chances af a win just went from 60% to 90%. IMHO.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

If for some slim chance OC somehow becomes BRANDISHING!!!!! I shall have all of my garments tailored to say, "I am a law abiding citizen and that i am armed with anywhere from 1 - 4 firearms on my person to protect myself and others," that is not displaying ostentatiously. nor brandishing.

Devery

Quote Originally Posted by manicdevery View Post
    If for some slim chance OC somehow becomes BRANDISHING!!!!! I shall have all of my garments tailored to say, "I am a law abiding citizen and that i am armed with anywhere from 1 - 4 firearms on my person to protect myself and others," that is not displaying ostentatiously. nor brandishing.

Devery
    What I will do is call 911 and state that there is a person brandishing EVERY time I see a security guard, armored car staff making a delivery or picking up money, or a Reserve Deputy (not an LEO according to the law) with a pistol on their hip. I also see there is no exception for a business owner, either. All of these would be brandishing a firearm and NOT covered under the applicable exceptions in the law.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-750-234e
    Last edited by DrTodd; 03-06-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

I'll be calling 911 every time I go into a gun store saying there's people brandishing behind the counter.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.