• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CADL wants a judge to declare all Open Carry = Brandishing

TheQ

From MGO:

esq_stu said:
I haven't seen where anyone posted the amended CADL v MOC complaint. CADL amended its complaint asserting that MOC members are brandishing in violation of MCL §750.234e. Where do you suppose they got the idea to make that amendment?

Exciting, isn't it?

eastmeyers

Okay so CADL is now taking advice from a lawyer whom was just publicly caught talking out of the wrong side of her mouth. :lol: This is great, now they look like even bigger fools. They look like just as big of fools as the lawyer they got this :exclaim: idea from. I for one am excited, are chances af a win just went from 60% to 90%. IMHO.

manicdevery

If for some slim chance OC somehow becomes BRANDISHING!!!!! I shall have all of my garments tailored to say, "I am a law abiding citizen and that i am armed with anywhere from 1 - 4 firearms on my person to protect myself and others," that is not displaying ostentatiously. nor brandishing.

Devery

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
If for some slim chance OC somehow becomes BRANDISHING!!!!! I shall have all of my garments tailored to say, "I am a law abiding citizen and that i am armed with anywhere from 1 - 4 firearms on my person to protect myself and others," that is not displaying ostentatiously. nor brandishing.

Devery

What I will do is call 911 and state that there is a person brandishing EVERY time I see a security guard, armored car staff making a delivery or picking up money, or a Reserve Deputy (not an LEO according to the law) with a pistol on their hip. I also see there is no exception for a business owner, either. All of these would be brandishing a firearm and NOT covered under the applicable exceptions in the law. :uhoh:

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-750-234e

Last edited: